AF: Not much new! | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not much new!

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Jerry46, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

You'll know by MY 22, 23 at the latest.

2. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

He was never Head of NA operations. Well he was for few months after Sergio's death.
    Sergio was both FCA CEO and FCA COO for NAFTA region.

Manley could have new role. Global COO. Basically 2nd in command globally.

3. jackdev73

jackdev73 Active Member

Yeah, like Maximum Steel, Granite, black and Billet silver. Oh yeah, and velvet red and Delmonico red....oh wait.

voiceofstl likes this.
  4. jackdev73

jackdev73 Active Member

Yes.

voiceofstl and Tony K like this.
  5. ehaase

ehaase Well-Known Member

1974 did have all new full-size cars. Unfortunately, though very well styled, they flopped, and the Gran Fury and Royal Monaco were dropped after 1977.

6. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember the Maverick Grabber and the paint and decal craze which followed it. While I'm not a fan of the 1.4 turbo in the Abarth, underneath the paint on the other products is some serious design and engineering. I just don't mean the engines either. The frame of the Gladiator is all new, the chassis is not simply a stretched Wrangler. Serious changes went into the HD Rams recently, the Power Wagon is a thorough package with a lot of hardware to back up the graphics. There is also a package with all the hardware and without any graphics for the Tradesman trim. I personally like the heritage graphics and wish there was more of it. The Charger and Challenger models pictured are just paint and decals. Mashing the gas pedal in those models is just like any 318 powered Volare Road Runner from the 1970s.:rolleyes:

7. HD

HD Active Member

I don’t know, but would guess that electrification development has caused a big reallocation of resources that otherwise would have been available.

AlfaCuda likes this.
  8. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

That Gladiator was to remind us that the new High Altitude edition, with 20-inch wheels and color-matched bumpers, is mostly an appearance package. So is the new Wrangler Recon edition.

HotCarNut likes this.
  9. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

TRX, All New Grand Cherokee next year, All New Grand Wagoneer next year. Hybrid Wrangler, Compass and Renegade. Jeep and Ram are doing well. Dodge is dying on the vine and Chrysler is in rigor mortis.

HotCarNut likes this.
  10. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

I don't honestly know what to do when my current Chrysler Corp sports sedan needs to be replaced. I have no options with the current brands for a new sedan. I mean, I can buy an ancient Charger that would be the same or a 300, but if I wanted to buy a car from 2005 I would... Please don't make me shop other brands. I mean I will.

But when I initially got the car I have now, I looked at every brand under the sun. At the time, the Chrysler Corp product I got was the best option and my personal favorite after months of test drives, kicking tires, becoming pals with every care salesperson at every dealer in the state, etc. But now if I did the same test... I am pretty sure someone else would win... and it wouldn't be my pocket book.

jclick likes this.
  11. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Actually we were told Dodge and Chrysler were “regional” brands and the plan only highlighted “international” brands. The implication was Dodge and Chrysler products were planned but not included in the plan.
    The longer we wait, the less likely Chrysler and even Dodge survive.

12. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I don’t know, but I guess diverting finances from product development made financials look better for mergers.

AvengerGuy likes this.
  13. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Compared to the last Few years? Wasn’t too long ago when next to nothing “new” was coming out. We did get a Cherokee. And a 200.
    I’ve seen new rams, a new gladiator, and new power train options including electrification/hybrid. Interiors are now considered luxurious, and quality report rags are taking notice. Fca vehicles are dominating my local roads lately,
    fca is in much better shape than ford, which may be close to bankruptcy
    If fca counted as a single brand, is there a segment that isn’t filled?
    Please don’t get me wrong, I’m all for new product. I plan to purchase an all new large sedan from fca If/when it Comes to fruition. But just like my household, a lot of improvements and new furnishings were Needed, promised and approved. But all in good time. If we can eek a few more years out of the couch, we will.

T_690 and ScramFan like this.
  14. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

One sexy looking Pacifica too.

tlc likes this.
  15. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

Maybe some people had bad info?

16. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

He will go hangout with Eaton and Schrempp.

gforce2002 likes this.
  17. Chrysfan

Chrysfan Active Member

My '15 200S is 6 years old. I gave up waiting for a Chrysler CUV. The new Grand Cherokee would be a possibility but I'm guessing it will be pricey. I'm curious what they are going to do with the Cherokee. It's been around a while also.

18. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I think the people had good info, they were just let down by FCA when plans changed. Unfortunately FCA made many people who struck up for them over the years look bad by failure to follow through timely on new product.

page2171 and Chris mopar like this.
  19. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

It's now painfully apparent that Sergio set this course in 2017. That's when they began chopping all product that didn't make healthy margins and canceled all planned replacements in brands where margins were thinner (Dodge and Chrysler). One thing the 200 exposed was that when they released an all new designed vehicle with a Chrysler or Dodge nameplate on it, the margins would vanish for several years until the production costs were amortized out. This was unacceptable to FCA leadership as they wanted to be more attractive to any potential merger partner.

If FCA had merged with GM then Dodge and Chrysler would not exist right now in any capacity. The only two FCA North America properties worth anything in the industry are Jeep and Ram.

AvengerGuy likes this.
  20. Vet101

Vet101 Active Member

Yes! Who would have thought that when Chrysler purchased AMC brands (Just to get Jeep), that Chrysler is dying and Jeep is at the top of the this pile******.

voiceofstl likes this.