AF: Not much new! | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not much new!

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Jerry46, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Mopar International

Mopar International Active Member

[​IMG]
    Drive till dawn.

2. Chrysler UK

Chrysler UK Active Member

I suspect it was because Marchionne saw that FCA was making most of its profits in North America; so considering that he also felt that FCA needed to merge with another carmaker to survive, it would make sense (from his perspective) to go for a carmaker that had a significant presence in North America (and thus improve their position in their most profitable market)...such as General Motors.

Likewise Marchionne was pretty keen FCA buying GM Europe as well, so that might have been another factor.

If Marchionne was leading the FCA-GM Carmaker; the merger would have likely worked out well at the end of the day. However if GM Execs dominated said carmaker, there would have been a good chance that the opposite would occur.

3. gminnebo

gminnebo Well-Known Member

man... I know it's because I fell in love with cars in the late 70's, but I love graphic packages, That Power Wagon is amazing looking with the old seventies style graphics.

ScramFan and Firecatman like this.
  4. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I like stickers, too. But the Rubicon Recon is a bit overdone, with matte black stickers and red accents everywhere. So is the Ram TRX, but at least that is trying to justify its $90,000 price tag.

The new Gladiator Mojave is more tastefully done IMO.
    [​IMG]

5. Quambi

Quambi Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember that now. And I also remember there was talk about a Dodge variant of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio and a Cherokee based replacement of the Dodge Journey to be sold by Chrysler (which became the China only Jeep Grand Commander instead, I guess). When the 2018 product plan came out and there was no mention of new Chryslers and Dodges (the "regional" brands), I thought, "They're not gonna let them go without any new product for four years". And yet, here we are.

I'm hoping that during the next four years, the focus will shift to the regional brands but we'll have to see.

It looks like I made another mistake in my post: While 32,000 Chryslers were sold in 1924, Chrysler Corporation wasn't established until June 6, 1925. So the Chrysler brand has a bit more time than I thought to become relevant again before it's 100th Anniversary, or fade into history. The closer we get to that date, the sooner we'll know Chrysler's fate.;)

#45 Quambi, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  6. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

Their plans have changed hundreds of times the last 6 months...lol

7. Jerry46

Jerry46 Member

Over the last. 30 years I have owned and loved 17 Mopar products. I currently drive a 2011 Chrysler T & C that I inherited when my father passed. I will drive this for a long time as it is a great vehicle. I don’t like the Pacifica. I wish they would make a replacement for the Journey. Without new product this will likely be my last Mopar product.

Quambi likes this.
  8. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

It's not only the lack of new vehicles, but they also screw up what they have for those of us willing to buy every couple of years.

I drive a 2014 T&C Limited and began looking at Pacificas when they came out in 2017. The only color they offered that I was interested in was a light blue, but it was only available in hybrids, so when they announced new colors for the 2021, I saw a couple I liked and I also liked the new styling, so I was ready to buy when they hit the showrooms. Then they just announced that the Limited and Pinnacle models would only be offered as hybrids or AWD, so that killed my interest.

My wife has been wanting a 300 Limit since last year, but there hasn't been anything within 125 miles to even look at. Now they said the Limited will not be available in 2021, and won't hit the showroom until December. I called the dealer this morning and was told they don't have any ordering information yet, so once again two ready customers sit and wait for premium models that probably will never exist for us.

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  9. Quambi

Quambi Well-Known Member

I had my 2009 Dodge Journey for 11 years. I was looking at the Pacifica for a replacement but when something had to be repaired on my Journey that cost more than the vehicle was worth, I ended up buying a 2016 Journey. The Pacifica is too big (and expensive). The Journey is just the right size for me.

hmk123 and kevin m. Henry like this.
  10. gminnebo

meh, give me an old Daisy Duke Golden Eagle package and then we can talk about excess... but then maybe not, My first Jeep was a Blue 92 Jeep Wrangler Islander, loved that graphic package! and lets not forget the ultimate in excess graphics, The Bandit Trans Am (swoon).

Attached Files:

ScramFan likes this.
  11. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Judgment call, not a mistake. Chrysler was just a holding company for Maxwell, creators and makers of Chrysler cars. Complicated way for WPC to get his name on the sign. I think there were some other benefits, maybe.

12. valiant67

valiant67 ...

You do know that at the end, they did revive the Golden Eagle package on the JK?
    Jeep of the Week: 2018 JEEP WRANGLER JK GOLDEN EAGLE 4WD | Cross Chrysler Jeep Fiat (at https://www.crossjeepchrysler.com/jeep-of-the-week-2018-jeep-wrangler-jk-golden-eagle-4wd/ )

13. gminnebo