AF: Now comes Chicago - Journey Crossroad, Mopar 200 | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now comes Chicago - Journey Crossroad, Mopar 200

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Mr.Source, Jan 15, 2014.

1. SUNBURNTsnype

SUNBURNTsnype Active Member

Here's my pipedream for the show:

Ecodiesel Durango
    Grand Wagoneer
    Ecodiesel Wagoneer
    Bumble Bee Edition Durango(with 6.4) to join the Scat Pak
    SRT Durango
    SRT Wagoneer
    Mopar Edition Durango

And I do miss the days of yore with the 'outside the box' concept cars that allowed designers and engineers to innovate and put their passion and soul into their design, unhindered by all the things a production car would need. Now we look forward to mid cycle refreshes and updated LED's and bumper covers.

2. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Well-Known Member

Here's another guy who would still like to see the Firepower put into production. The ME412 looked really awesome. Going back more than a few years, I also like the Pronto Spyder concept. Makes me wonder exactly what we'll get out of the joint project with Mazda for a roadster.

3. longlivechrysler

longlivechrysler The Negative Optimist

While we're dreaming, how about a revised Firepower (Viper-based, Chrysler coupe) but with a four-door option, a la 300 Concept from the early nineties.

4. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Just give us the Hellcat for $55k (I know that won't be happening but while we are dreaming...)

LeeRyder likes this.
  5. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

I predict a sticker package for the 200.. just because going to Pep Boys and buying stickers for a car that no one will ever put stickers on.. is cheaper than engineering excitement.

6. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

I'm with you all the way on this one...even if just a modest stretch of the wheelbase this time (previous concepts had major increases) say, +8 w/suicide rear doors. Just dreaming here guys...lol! But we need to see something in the form of a CONCEPT to increase hope for our beloved CHRYSLER!

7. SUNBURNTsnype

how bout a new magnum concept wagon!

jimboy and Jeepnut like this.
  8. humdrum

humdrum Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll see an Alfa at Chicago or possibly New York. More likely New York. Unfortunately, Chicago, although one of the largest shows, has seemed to have been downgraded in emphasis with Chrysler under both Benz and Fiat ownership. I've gone to the show for over ten years, including when it was at the old McCormick Place before it burned down in 1967, and sorry to say that is just my impression.

9. Mr_WoLoLO

Mr_WoLoLO Member

I think the Alfa Giulia will be shown in Geneva, NY is totally for the new Challenger, IMO.

10. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

That too, sounds like a wonderful idea! What platform/architecture would you like to see it utilize?

11. SUNBURNTsnype

Well i loved the first one because its aggressive muscular look that it got from the LX, so i think if they took the current charger/300 platform and used a stretched version of that itd be similar and familiar to the original magnum. However, just as I read in AB about GM considering offering a station wagon in the future for the masses to draw people away from the trend toward crossovers, perhaps bringing a full size 3 row rear wheel/awd wagon would bring something to the msrket that no other automaker is really addressing in NA market. So, thst being said, not sure if LX could support that or what if any other platform could?

Coukd they take WD platform and turn that into a car/station wagon like how Ford's Taurus and Explorer are related? Since WD is already 3 rows and rear/awd, would that be possible?

12. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

Best chance for a Magnum revival, IMHO, is if they develop a wagon for Alfa Romeo. The since-canceled FWD midsize Giulia was to have a "Sportwagon" variant. I have not heard anything about a wagon version of the upcoming RWD Giulia. If that happens, Dodge could possibly get an architecture-mate-- basically a wagon version of the rumored RWD Avenger midsizer. So it would be smaller than the Lx Magnum was. However, if Alfa makes a full size wagon instead of the midsize wagon, based on the Alfa full-size sedan (which is rumored to be sharing its platform with the Giulia, an Alfa coupe or two, and/or a midsize crossover, as well as maybe even the next gen Charger, Challenger, and 300), a new full size Magnum could happen. However, even if Alfa does build a wagon, there is no guarantee a second wagon would be built off its architecture, and if one were, it may well be a Chrysler (300 Touring), not a Dodge, so it could be sold outside of North America.

But if we are dreaming, here are some of mine:

For my own personal use, I'd like a C-segment Dart-based light-weight unit-body fuel-efficient AWD dune-buggy-style four-seat convertible Jeep. Jeepster Concept + Renegade Concept + AMC Eagle convertible + PT Cruiser convertible

Other goodies:

Updated Chrysler Chronos Concept on the Quattroporte platform as a new Chrysler Imperial.

Dart-based Chrysler shooting brake (2-door wagon).

Dart-based Chrysler PT Cruiser or RWD Dodge GT Cruiser.

Retro-styled RWD midsize Dodge Demon coupe and vert (mini Challenger, single headlights).

RWD midsize Dodge sportvan (with the SWB B-Van's shape and proportions, Challenger's aggressive styling, and Grand Caravan's versatility and functionality).

Miata/Spider-based Dodge hardtop coupe.

Stretched 7-passenger Wrangler Unlimited.

13. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

I see I am not the only one who noticed the "dream cars" are all gone. :( I love all of your suggestions and wish we'd see some more concept cars (or "prototypes").

14. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

"Dream Cars" cost money.

15. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Less if they are based on a actual upcoming vehicle

16. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

Before Chicago, Jeep will supposedly be unveiling several 2015 model special edition models at the Houston Auto Show this Wednesday morning. Why 2015's this early in the 2014 model year I have no clue.

17. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

too bad the skunkworks was shut down--we might be seeing more Jeep concepts.

18. floridaman2013

floridaman2013 Active Member

I definitely would like to see some more retro styling as I do get sick of all the "plastic" lookalikes today! they just don't have the character.

19. james.mooney.

Indeed --money that is being put to much better use by developing actual production vehicles. But it's still fun to dream!

:)

20. james.mooney.

BTW... of my "Dream Cars" listed below, I think that the 7-passenger Wrangler Unlimited (on the new platform, of course) and the Demon coupe (or something very similar, based on the upcoming RWD Avenger) have the most potential to become actual production vehicles in the next 2-5 years, with the Wrangler being the less likely of the two. If the Chrysler 100 program is revived, I'd expect it to be a something along the lines the shooting brake and PT Cruiser ideas-- probably a 5-door conventional hatch with modern styling. I don't see the Spidiata-based Dodge coupe happening unless the partnership with Mazda is expanded. And unfortunately, my two favorite ideas (the Chronos-based Imperial and the Jeep dune buggy, which is the vehicle on the list that I would actually buy for myself), along with the RWD sportvan, are probably the least likely and most farfetched. :-(