Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O6 Charger R/T

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by Kevin R/T, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Kevin R/T

Kevin R/T New Member

I have a 2006 Charger R/T Daytona Casey Kahne9 series, what makes this car any different from other Charger

2. Tomguy

Level 2 Supporter

I have never heard of a Kasey Kahne Charger. There were Daytona Chargers, in 2006 they were Go ManGo, Top Banana, and TorRed. I think they sold 2000 of each color - I may be wrong on the numbers though. Can you post pics of your Charger? 2 possibilities come to mind:
    1. A previous owner or dealer was a Kasey Kahne fan and used his success to dress up a Charger,
    2. The car was involved in some way in either marketing or promotion of Kahne's cup team - possibly even driven by Kahne or a member of his team.
    You might get the most thorough answers by contacting Kahne's former team or even seeing if you can contact Kahne or Evernham directly for any info on the car, or if they can confirm whether or not they ever had anything to do with the car.

MPE426HEMI and ImperialCrown like this.
  3. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

There was a 2007 Kasey Kahne SRT8 Charger, I believe, given away by sponsor, Wrigley's doublemint gum. Apparently custom built for them as a promotion/giveaway and given away at a Nascar race by Kasey Kahne himself.
    1 of 1:
    DODGE CHARGER SRT8 White w/ red racing stripes, Custom embroidered Seats w/ Doublemint Logo and red suede inserts, Custom Dropstar Chrome Wheels, Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation System Hard Drive Radio, 6.1 Liter SRT HEMI SMPI V8 Engine, 4 wheel Brembo disc brakes. An '06 Daytona KK edition I never heard of. Some dealers had editions of their own for sale. One that comes to mind back then was a Charger "Demon" edition, that a dealership sold a few of. It was a Charger SE with some vinyl graphics and embroidered armrest cover and such. It wasn't a factory thing.

2007-Dodge-Charger--8412768.jpg
    $_1.jpg

Tomguy likes this.