AF: Official Cherokee November 2013 sales predictions | Page 6 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Cherokee November 2013 sales predictions

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Jeepnut, Oct 24, 2013.

1. highland breeze

2. ralph.jones

ralph.jones Well-Known Member

You are being extremely optomistic. Jeep.com shows 205 units in transit within 200 miles of zip code 68101 with none...noda....zilch in stock. That covers over 99 dealers and includes some rather large cities like the Kansas City metro area, Omaha/Lincoln, NE, Des Moines and Sioux City, IA and Sioux Falls SD. Ironically its going to snow in most of this area tonight and the first snow drives SUV/CUV 4x4 sales through the roof. Another thing to consider is the people in these areas drive American and most of these lost sales will be to Ford and Chevy. I don't see the 5/2500 ratio when you can't get product to the buyers.

3. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

I think dealers who have them, will sell them OK, however have any been shipped west of the Mississippi yet?
    Over half of the nations population is west of the Mississippi.

4. ralph.jones

I'm seeing them in the rail unloading terminals but they seem to go into a black hole from there.

5. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Baxter in Omaha has 32 in KZ status in transit...that means they could show up any day.......(if they are not already there)http://www.baxterchryslerjeepdodge.net/new-inventory/index.htm?SByear=2014&SBmake=Jeep&SBmodel=Cherokee&SBtrim=clear&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

I said from the beginning that the big question will be distribution. If the Jeeps don't get delivered then they will have a problem .

If they still don't have Cherokees within this next week...there will be problems but from what I can see most of dealers have a ton intransit.......KZ means they are already built and enroute to the dealer.....I would not surprised if some of your local dealers get truckloads at a time.....which honestly is better than the 2 or 3 every other day I am getting... But my dealer principle thinks my estimate of 15 might be light..he thinks if we get more inventory 20 isn't impossible

6. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Wouldn't KZ also cover those built and sent to the storage facility in Ohio, for re-flash?

7. CDJSalesPro

just for the record if you go by this silly internet thing you will be completely misled.....

I have 5 Cherokees on my lot that according to our website they are in transit...or KZ status
    http://www.sportchryslerjeepdodge.com/new-inventory/index.htm?invtype=new&reset=InventoryListing&SBmake=Jeep&SBmodel=Cherokee&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

remember just because its on the internet doesn't mean its true
    http://youtu.be/X-pHe879l60
    no.....Storage is JS......KZ means they have been released from storage......

8. browens1534

browens1534 Well-Known Member

Nope. My car was built by MMNA. It has the 24v 6G72 3.0 SOHC v6... It's a smooth Powertrain but it loves fuel... and for best performance it likes the pricey stuff... 93..

9. ralph.jones

Baxter is part of the Performance Auto Group which owns all of the CJDR dealers in the Omaha/Lincoln metro areas along with Olathe, KS. Baxter serves as the high pressure, high sales dealership of the ones in Omaha. It also "stores" additional cars which can be sent to the other dealers when inventory gets low at them. My JGC was bought at Performance Bellevue but was delivered to Performace LaVista as an example.

As for delivered Cherokees, I've seen 3 unloaded from rail cars in the last 10 days. Of those 3 none of them have shown up in the metro area as of last night.

10. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

Well we just got another load last night and now have 6 with more at the yard according to the driver.

11. CDJSalesPro

[​IMG]

"another one bites the dust".........and a Honda CRV as a trade....SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!! :)

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

I think my local dealer in the heart of Houston has only received two Cherokees so far.........

13. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

My Local Dealer Dealer McInerney's Woodhaven Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Show's 30 in Stock and 11 On the Way.
    Of Course they are 3 Miles or Less From the Lots Where there Were Thousands Stored.

I Been Seeing so Many in the Last Couple of Weeks on Our Local Roads I Quit Counting Them.

TMD

14. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

True Duckie, but I estimate a few weeks to get inventory to ALL dealerships.

Any count on how many per day are being re-flashed?

15. fargo59

fargo59 Well-Known Member

we received our first, late last week. i know our manager wasnt impressed since the dealer up the street had 3 a few weeks ago.

16. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

We have gotten 10 so far I think and sold 5 of them, the others just came out on the lot on Saturday and I expect they will be gone this week as well... Can't get em fast enough.

17. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I was talking to my salesguy on Saturday, and they've sold 3 of them already. I've only seen 3 hit their inventory online, but I've seen others at the dealership, besides the 1 I test drove on Saturday.

18. CDJSalesPro

I talked to my dist rep from Chrysler..... and all you guys with predictions of less than 3500 are already out.....and that was on Monday..... ;)

JFTR many dealers dont NVDR their sales untill the last couple of days of the month...

19. SouthPawXJ

SouthPawXJ Well-Known Member

JFTR - Just for the record?

I can't figure out NVDR... anyone?

I'm gonna be glad if my guess is too low!

20. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Join the benevolent fund pool, you'll win either way. ;)

PS; Dave, is the account set up yet for our contributions?