Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok..so what is going on? Stock is up again today in pretrading.

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by DBY2014, Jan 9, 2018.

1. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Expectation of investors about FCA.

- Magneti Marelli spin-off or sell -> will be done, but has not announced how.
    - COMAU spin-off or sell -> will be done, but has not announced how.

- Fitch (rating agency) recently rised FCA's rating.
    - Standard & Poor's confirmed in september the rating, but changed the outlook to positive. They rised rating in march 2017.
    -> higher rating = less % in financing activities
    -> some funds cannot invest in companies with rating that is lower than a certain rating

- financial results for 2017 are expected to be good

- Barclays and J.P. Morgan Chase recommends FCA stock "overweight" and has rised the target price (Barclays from Euro 18 to 21)

- South America, in particulary Brazil, is going better

There are some analysts that think that Sergio AMrchionne is preparing some big deal for his last year as CEO.

And than there are the ones specialized in speculations, that mahe the initial push of the price and than wait for others to let the price go up.

VoiceOfReason and ScramFan like this.
  2. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

I am increasingly leaning towards this possibility.

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  3. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

That makes two of us.

AlfaCuda likes this.
  4. romalerig

romalerig Well-Known Member

1/11/2018
    3:12 pm
    FCA: +6.67% :D

ScramFan likes this.
  5. romalerig

Now +7.07% !
    The Chinese are coming
    O, no! The Koreans !!!!!
    Help!

:D

#25 romalerig, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
    ScramFan likes this.
  6. romalerig

7. 66coronet

66coronet Well-Known Member

Looking at year end production reports, Why don't they brake down Ram trucks? 1500, 2500, 3500
    I see Dodge Charger & Challenger out sold the 300. To combine them 88351+64537+ 51237= 204125
    I still wish the magnum wagon & wagon extra tall, magnum 4dr and magnum ute would be part of the line up. Would a magnum 4dr (a lower priced product than the 300) outsell the 300? I think it would. What if chrysler were to offer Magnum line up like the 300 RH drive, would that help sales? What if Magnum 4dr were to be offered with 12" more over hang than the 300, thus offering a bigger trunk and trunk lid but it would be no worse of a over hang than a GrandFury / Diplomat, both loved by police. What if FCA were to offer the 2.4L with low end torque turbo so it peaks 5000 rpm. So instead of 3.6L one could be offered a 2.4L turbo for even better fuel mileage. Non of the other models would even want a motor like that. I still think the VM3.0L in the 300 & magnum would be a smart move.

As for stocks going up, I guess I don't get it other than Ram trucks sold 500723 units. Jeep had good numbers.

Promaster city last year and this year haven't broke 16000 in yearly sales. Sure wish they would offer the flat bed (with optional lift bed/tilt bed) version like the Doblo work up. Plus an extended wheel base Chassis cab version and pickup spin off from the chassis cab. Making it at least as useful as '80's VW caddy pickup and most all 80's small pickups. Still love to see Promaster city production expand to Mexico, if they expand types. 1st Dodge Dakota was a 4cyl with optional 8ft bed. Why not promaster city?

Promaster, Fiat had a new nose for awhile now, when will Ram? Promaster has only sold 40483. Does that include Chassis cab / motor home? I type in Chassis cab in google pictures and it's mostly Ducato pictures with European flat & dump bed - lift beds & other chassis cab modified work platforms. But hardly any Ram Promasters. I wonder how many Diesel Promasters are sold or are they all 3.6L.
    Love this, I wish it would catch on. Back to school with Ram ProMaster (at https://www.allpar.com/news/2017/08/back-to-school-with-ram-promaster-38233 )

somber and ScramFan like this.
  8. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Stock prices do not rocket up in this way on product announcements. Something else is afoot.

9. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

Warren investment announcement. It's a good sign that the company is doing well. Let the profitable trucks be built here and let Mexico build other global stuff.

ScramFan likes this.
  10. 77 Monaco Brougham

We will return to our story: "The Sergio Storm", in just a moment......but first a word from Mrs. Folgers Coffee

And don't forget to tune in tonight for that new smash-hit sit-com: "My Little Margin"....on most of these FCA stations.

This is the FCA Television Network.:p:D

#30 77 Monaco Brougham, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Dodgeguy1961 and Erik Latranyi like this.
  11. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Let's face it - they'd love to build everything (not just the low margin stuff) where labor is cheaper.
    However, there are downsides to that like tax treatment, public opinion, transportation costs, etc. that may offset the cost cutting
    That's not a slam against FCA - it's just the nature of every corporation to cuts costs.

12. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

And being a country that murders 23,000 a year out of a population of less than half of that of the United States doesn't help either.
    Mexico has some issues it needs to address . . .

Erik Latranyi likes this.
  13. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

And how does that make Mexico different than any other country in the world? We all have issues that need to be addressed, Canada and the United States included, so let's not point fingers here, please.

14. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I’m not sure that crimes in Mexico is something that needs to be brought up at every opportunity.

15. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

Per capita is significantly higher, but moderators have asked for an end to the subject.

16. Lampredi

Lampredi Active Member

Bob Eaton 2.0?

17. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

The rationale for the factory move is almost certainly not even labor costs at this point because they stopped making those small cars.

I still think it's a combination:
    • Mexico has better trade deals for South American and European sale, and may still end up with something similar to NAFTA. Remember, Mexico is a “free trade area linchpin.” That gets forgotten.
    • FCA has been swapping plants for high-selling, high-profit product to avoid losing customers. Wrangler and Ram 1500 both had plant swaps and no stops in production. (Windsor was able to go down without problems due to high inventories.) I think they may need to renovate Saltillo as well, so move trucks to Warren once that's done and bam! no loss of sales.
    • I don't know exactly what Trump wants to change in NAFTA, keeping both his rhetoric and actual actions in mind. He may even be targeting Canada first and Mexico second. GM and Ford seem to think NAFTA will remain essentially “as is” and have kept their Mexican investments stable.
    • Though they said it would be a new product in Saltillo, that could mean an L200 replacement, ProMaster City replacement, etc. There are reasons to take PMC from Turkey.
    I think in the long run they would like Canada to make vehicles that can be exported to the EU but I don't really see that happening unless they make an RWD midsize car in Brampton, and a much smaller crossover in Windsor. The Canadian government has made deeper ties with the EU just as Mexico has.

18. 77 Monaco Brougham

Haven't you ever heard the old expression:

History does not repeat itself.....but it sure does rhyme!

jimboy likes this.
  19. romalerig

Marchionne sees room for FCA to double profit by 2022 (at http://www.autonews.com/article/20180114/OEM/180119850/marchionne-sees-room-for-fca-to-double-profit-by-2022?AID=/20180114/OEM/180119850 )

AlfaCuda likes this.
  20. Lampredi

Lampredi Active Member