Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Dealer awards from charter Dodge dealership

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Hangout' started by TommyDodge, Dec 13, 2016.

1. TommyDodge

TommyDodge Well-Known Member

I have several awards from a charter Dodge Brothers dealership that was one of the 789 dealers Chrysler arbitrarily closed in 2009. I was wondering if there was anybody interested in discussing them or could give me any information about some of them. I have their 5 star dealer award plus their 75 year anniversary award from the Chrysler Corporation as a Dodge charter dealership. I have some that date back to the 1960's that I wish I knew more about, plus I also have some Dodge Brothers memorabilia including a stock certificate signed by Matilda Dodge in pencil when I believe the company was bought by Dillon Read & Company.
    I neglected to mention that all the awards I am talking about are all Plaques.
    Thanks in advance
    TommyDodge

FreeLantz likes this.
  2. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

I'd sure be interested in seeing them! Allpar may even want to do a piece on this. Dave?? :)

I visited a historic, dating back to pre-war era and now closed, Chrysler-Plymouth dealership earlier this year that had some really interesting things on the wall, too.

TommyDodge likes this.
  3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

TommyDodge and FreeLantz like this.
  4. DC-93

DC-93 Active Member

Need photos...

5. TommyDodge

I will have to get my niece here to do some pictures after Christmas. She is the photo hound of the family.
    I don't have a camera of any kind!

FreeLantz likes this.
  6. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

Sounds much better than my awards!!

I got a sweater and denim shirt from Daimler Chrysler...

Thanks
    Randy

TommyDodge likes this.
  7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Yes, I'd be interested!

TommyDodge and FreeLantz like this.
  8. TommyDodge

I have not been able to get my niece here to do pictures of the stuff that I have.
    She lives 30 miles away. Almost everything I have that came from a dealership
    came from Bollinger's which was located in Lakeview Michigan which is about an hour
    North and East of Grand Rapids. It is a really small town, but that was a thriving dealership.
    The 75 year plaque that I have from there was given in 1989 when Dodge turned 75 years old.
    I was told by the Dealer Principal that there were only 9 of those plaques given out
    I got a whole boxful of plaques for like $40. The 75 year plaque from Dodge , plus the 5
    star dealer award were in that box. It was almost too heavy to pick up.
    There is only one Charter Dodge Brothers dealership left here in the United States
    that is still owned by the original family, and that is Oliver C Joseph and Sons
    located in Belleville Illinois which is about 10 miles away from the Mississippi River
    Right off I-55. The guy that runs that dealership is the grandson of the original founder
    who opened the dealership on June 1, 1914. They sell Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram but not Fiat.

ImperialCrown and FreeLantz like this.