Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On FCA US’ carline gaps

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Jul 13, 2017.

1. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

We don't have a Fiat dealer in town. Funny enough, whenever I google "Fiat dealer near me", it directs me to our local CDJR dealer (yes, the one with a Yelp rating of 2.4 out of 5). When I click on their webpage, there's no mention of Fiat anywhere.

But if the Google god says there's a connection, then it must be true!

2. Yes, dropping each car out of an airplane prior to customer delivery would likely improve their JD power score. At least all the defects would be
    sitting on the bottom of the car for dealers to fix quickly :rolleyes:

aldo90731 likes this.
  3. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Nearest Alfa/Fiat dealer 43 miles, listing for nearest CDJRF dealer is 3.9 miles. Have not seen any Fiats in show room but that can explain the noticable increase in Fiat products and the Alfa around here. Considering there are 3 Chrysler dealers and 10 other brands within 5 miles of me i would not consider a Fiat till now. I am sure the local Mopar dealers can tap the Fiat dealer for stock. Seems Google knows all, even stock picks as of late.

#643 jerseyjoe, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  4. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

That was almost kinda-sorta funny. :D

5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

I'm not sure we have a Fiat dealer anymore. It looked deserted the last time I looked but I wasn't paying close attention to it. I keep forgetting to look each time I drive past it...which is to and from work 3 nights a week. I guess it's not a big priority...lol. The website still claims its in the same spot though.

aldo90731 likes this.
  6. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

A deserted area would be the regular look of the Fiat dealers I've been to.

UN4GTBL, Zagnut27 and Erik Latranyi like this.
  7. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Most look like used car lots rather than new vehicle dealerships.

8. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

When my brother was shopping for a used Chrysler 200S last winter, we ended up looking at a nice 2015 with only 12,000 kms, sitting on the lot of a brand new Fiat dealership. The car had been "lent" by the parent CDJR dealership down the street.

The salesman came out to greet us; showed us the car. We took it on a test drive. He took us inside to meet his manager. There was no one else in the showroom. His boss looked like he had just gone in back to apply a extra thick layer of grease to his hair before shaking our hands, and greeted us with the infamous "How can we make a deal today?" I knew right then and there this was going to be an old-school grind.

Did I mention there was no one else in there? We had their full attention. They appraised my brother's 2008 Charger in trade. We went back and forth on the numbers. Options, numbers and fees would appear and disappear with each iteration mysteriously. After an hour or so we felt we hadn't progressed as much as we should have. We were $600 apart, but we grew sick and tired of their magic acts.

We finally had enough, so we got up. As we are walking out, the salesman is telling us "are you really giving up on this car over only $600? I responded "No, you guys are letting us walk over only $600."

The salesman kept calling and texting my brother and I for the next month or so....until he too left the dealership. The car sat there unsold for another several months until it finally disappeared. We don't know if it got sold or it was sent back to the CDJR lot.

I'd be surprised if that Fiat franchise stays separate very long. I'd be surprised if my brother steps into another Fiat showroom again.

#648 aldo90731, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

That's the sort of experience I've come to expect in this region... mainly from Chrysler dealers but also from some imports.

aldo90731 likes this.
  10. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

Well, I was truck shopping 2 weeks ago at our local RAM dealership and they quoted me an initial price of $44.6 cdn for a RAM 2500 which was the dealer price on ramtruck.ca and when I finally received the full purchase papers, they raised the price of the same truck $6k????

Wil

11. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Boy, That will win new customers. [/SARC]

They'd have to be totally ignoring the power of 'Word of Mouth' commentary.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I certainly hope you walked.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  13. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

Funny thing is, I deal with these guys with my own business. I have known most of them for years.
    I was talking to another friend of mine that is more in the know, his exact words were: 'No wonder they only sold 8 new vehicles last month (July)'...

Wil

JavelinAMX likes this.
  14. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

Ran... Not going back unless they need something from my shop...

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Mercy!

Not only is that Sick, it's Sad, too.

16. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

Not just deserted I'm afraid, it is gone. There's a "For Lease" sign out front, and the place is abandoned. I wonder if they moved in with the CDJR dealer down the street. The website still says its in the same spot, but it probably hasn't been updated yet.

17. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

They hate having them in the service bay, is what I was told; but not for wheels/tires. I think mostly it was throttle lag for the automatics, which was normal operation for them (unfortunately).