AF: Oops! Next Jeep Compass spotted... | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops! Next Jeep Compass spotted...

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Apr 22, 2016.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

The red rendering looks to be an identical match to the camo'd Compass. Especially look at the rear of the vehicle and the red vehicle rendering. The grille openings also match, were the top rendering doesn't have the three hole opening under the seven slot grille. Look at the mirror design as well.

I think the Car And Driver shot of the over shape of the taillights are dead on. The top rendering is more rounded and if you look it doesn't have the roof racks like the Car and Driver model. The only thing wrong with the Car and Driver rendering is the rear window after the rear door. It looks much smaller on the camo'd mule.

2. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Car and Driver has uglier rendering but it got right more design cues.

3. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Began coloring it and adding more details. Obviously still no grille, but yeah..
    [​IMG]

#63 suzq044, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Zagnut27, M.O.D., redriderbob and 6 others like this.
  4. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

Another home run.

XRT2SRT likes this.
  5. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Like that look.....winner

AvengerGuy and XRT2SRT like this.
  6. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

There....fixed it for you. {just my thoughts}

7. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

what if more like: Renegade, [compatriot], Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer?

[as grand wagoneer would be like Suburban sized while Wagoneer is only slightly larger than Durango]

Ryan likes this.
  8. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

I love it .If the renderings are correct. As for a homerun...I am still concerned about internal cannibalzation . Will this model net us any positive gains? Or will it eat into Cherokee and Grand Cherokee sales.....

Works for me I am in sales....more models means more choices and more oppertunity. But I am capable of thinking beyond my own selfish reasons. . I can't help but to think that I wish this model was the Chrysler 100 or new Journey.

eastcoaster, wvutuba and HotCarNut like this.
  9. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Well one hopes that is Cannibalizes Patriot and Compass sales.... well that really isn't cannibalizing is it. So your right the next sales may not change but margin per transaction should increase with a new model.

10. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

You got one too many vehicles in that lineup.

Mike

MoparDanno and Prabhjot like this.
  11. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR

Two thoughts on your comment...
    Either the new CUV we've been looking at in this thread will be named Wagoneer, or something is getting a name change (Ugh!). That is assuming that both the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer names will be in use in the near future.

Mike V. likes this.
  12. Mike V.

Something like that :)

Mike

PAMoparMan and MoparDanno like this.
  13. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Perhaps Compass changes to Wagoneer, or Grand Wagoneer isn't a separate vehicle, but the top trim for Wagoneer? I don't think they'd change Cherokee...or would they...??? Ok...my heads spinning...;)

Prabhjot likes this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmmmmm

wvutuba and Mike V. like this.
  15. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

Cherokee goes gus = Wagoneer??
    While the current cusw cherokee mutates into a chrysler cuv? BUT carries on as a JEEP in China, including apparently in a long-wheelbase, 7-seat version there?

@Mike V.

16. Mike V.

Kind of uncanny eh? ;)

Mike

suzq044 and redriderbob like this.
  17. Mike V.

Lots going on there... I can't confirm yes or no to any of that right now.

Mike

MoparDanno and Prabhjot like this.
  18. M.O.D.

M.O.D. Well-Known Member

you sadistic evil :)

Well, I was hoping Compatriot, Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer were three (3) incremental vehicles in the lineup, not 2 + 1 replacement of current.

In my land of dreams compatriot was the New Compass, Wagoneer was a 7-seat Cherokee-based luxury mid-sized SUV, and Grand Wagoneer was a 7-seat Grand-Cherokee (or RAM) based full-size luxury SUV.

But I was obviously wrong, ... wasn't I. ;)

19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Not really. Grand Cherokee will never change, due to too much name recognition. It would the dumbest move in automotive history to replace that nameplate. Also keep in mind that Grand Cherokee was the replacement for the Grand Wagoneer and also carried the Grand Wagoneer nameplate in 1992 and 1993 on luxury models. Wagoneer was originally the name given to the SJ Jeep when it debuted in 1963. The Cherokee name debuted as the two version of the Wagoneer on the SJ in 1974. The Cherokee SJ was cut in 1983 and the Cherokee name then went to the mid-size Cherokee XJ in 1984. A luxury version of the Cherokee XJ was then dubbed Wagoneer from 1984-1990.

In other words the Cherokee and Wagoneer nameplates have been on multiple Jeep vehicles in different classes. I am predicting the Compatriot replacement will debut with the Wagoneer nameplate. Compass and Patriot don't have huge nameplate recognition that Wagoneer does. The Compass and Patriot have been known for their cheapness and the Wagoneer name will give more of an upscale appearance to the vehicle jammed right between the Renegade and Cherokee lineups.

Grand Wagoneer will be based on the next generation Durango wheelbase. The Durango has already lost its offroad credibility that the pervious generations have had with the current models. The Durango will be more of the performance/street full-size SUV in the FCA US lineup. Grand Wagoneer, will have different trim lineups just like the Grand Cherokee lineups. It has been long rumored that the Grand Wagoneer will be optionally powered with the 6.4L (truck version) HEMI. The Grand Wagoneer, even if Jeep doesn't want to admit it will be more of a Commander replacement than it will be Escalade fighter. Remember, a fully loaded Grand Cherokee Summit 4X4 stickers at $60k. Grand Wagoneer would obviously be more expensive. Escalade starts pricing $72k, however Jeep does not have the luxury brand status that Cadillac has.

It has been rumored that the Compass name will stay on the new Compatriot replacement. This could mean Wagoneer will be the more of a base model versions of the Grand Wagoneer model. However, I believe using both names on a single vehicle would be confusing to the public on a marketing stand point.

wvutuba, MoparDanno, Prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  20. Mike V.

Something like that. :D

Mike

suzq044 and M.O.D. like this.