AF: Oops! Next Jeep Compass spotted... | Page 43 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops! Next Jeep Compass spotted...

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Apr 22, 2016.

1. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1

Nice...I'd better get my current ride paid off. I wonder if any major features will be "late availability...."

EDIT: Can someone PLEASE find out what the deal is with the taillamps on the Trailhawk? That's going to bug me until I find out. :)

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

FWIW, the LED tail lamps are not standard across the line, maybe you’re seeing LED vs conventional.

Ryan, suzq044 and redriderbob like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Correct. The LED lights are standard equipment on the Trailhawk.

4. npaladin2000

So the LED lights are NOT standard on the Limited? Surprising.

suzq044 likes this.
  5. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

On the Limited model, the LED tail lights are packaged with the Advanced Technology Group option which includes HID headlamps.

Advanced Technology Group — includes Full-speed Forward Collision Warning Plus with Advanced Brake Assist (FSFCW+), Lane Departure Warning Plus (LDW+), auto high-beam headlamp control, HID headlamps, HID headlamps with LED Lit Signature (Limited only), LED tail lamps (Limited only), rearview auto-dimming mirror (std on Limited). (Must have Safety and Security Group)

Safety and Security Group — includes Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM) and Rear Cross Path detection systems, ParkSense rear park assist system, rain-sensitive windshield wipers, remote start(standard on Limited), security alarm (standard Limited)
    Note there are two different HID headlamps, one with LED signature and one without. The LED signature is only available in the Limited. Latitude and Trailhawk get the standard HID headlight without the LED signature.

Mike

#845 Mike V., Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    suzq044 likes this.
  6. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

MSN is running a article on it feed.... PLEASE PLEASE don't go to the comment section ...... I swear I lost IQ points just reading some of the nonsense..... no more than a night of heavy drinking or a single Marijuana Cigarette... but still save yourself the pain.

BobbiBigWheels, Ryan and Mike V. like this.
  7. npaladin2000

If you happen to accidentally drop some of the materials you've got in the wrong inbox I'm sure it wouldn't get anywhere else. Just sayin. ;)

UN4GTBL likes this.
  8. Mike V.

Hmm, that's not what the guide says... Limited only, but could be a typo.

Right, according to the feature guide it is Limited only if packaged with incandescent being standard

Mike

#848 Mike V., Nov 28, 2016
  9. Mike V.

Sorry, I don't have any materials that I can send via email.

You are welcome to ask questions however and I will try to answer them.

Mike

#849 Mike V., Nov 28, 2016
  10. npaladin2000

What I'd really like to know is what a fully loaded Limited will go for, rough ballpark. But I know pricing hasn't been announced, so even if you have that info you might not be able to give it out.

I'd probably settle for less than a fully loaded Limited, but I can't see living without the Safety and Security Group, ever. I don't know what I ever did before that cross-path detection stuff.

11. Mike V.

Optional Package Groups avaialble for Limited model:
    1. Advanced Technology Group — includes Full-speed Forward Collision Warning Plus with Advanced Brake Assist (FSFCW+), Lane Departure Warning Plus (LDW+), auto high-beam headlamp control, HID headlamps, HID headlamps with LED Lit Signature (Limited only), LED tail lamps (Limited only), rearview auto-dimming mirror (std on Limited). (Must have Safety and Security Group)
    2. Navigation Group — includes 8.5-in. touchscreen display, GPS Navigation, HD radio, AM/FM radio, integrated voice command with Bluetooth, Uconnect Guardian with one-year trial subscription, SiriusXM Radio with one-year trial subscription, SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link with five-year trial subscriptions, Apple Car Play and Android Auto with certain smart phones ( Not available with MTX on Latitude). Must have Popular Equipment Group
    3. Safety and Security Group — includes Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM) and Rear Cross Path detection systems, ParkSense rear park assist system, rain-sensitive windshield wipers, remote start(standard on Limited), security alarm (standard Limited)
    4. Trailer-tow Group — includes Class III hitch receiver plus seven and four-pin wiring harness and full-size spare tire (Latitude and Limited only)
    Mike

npaladin2000 and james.mooney. like this.
  12. npaladin2000

I can definitely live without the Advanced Tech Group...the LED lights would be really nice and pretty and all, but I don't need the rest, and I actually don't like auto-dimming rear view mirrors (Auto dimming side mirrors, on the other hand, are frigging awesome).

I could live without the Nav group too, as long as I can get Android Auto. I use Google Maps and Waze exclusively anyway. And I have zero interest in a tow group.

Jeez, a Limited with just the Safety and Security group might not be all that expensive. Sunroof standard or optional on the Limited? That's one of those things that I always want to get, but then proceed to never ever use. :D

13. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

Adaptive Cruise?

14. Mike V.

Unless it is now packaged with FSFCW+, then no I don't specifically see Adaptive Cruise Control being listed.

Seeing that FSFCW+ is available it and "Cruise Control is standard it may be adaptive. when equipped with the technology group since the FSFCW+ is what controls the adaptive part of the cruise control.

Mike

#854 Mike V., Nov 28, 2016
  15. Mike V.

Android Auto is standard on the Limited.

Mike

npaladin2000 likes this.
  16. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

From the look of it... it looks similar to the setup on the 200. Light pipes on lower models and LEDs for running lights on premium models.

17. Mike V.

Ok that makes sense... daytime running lamps are standard across the board.

Mike

18. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

That's strange. I thought I saw somewhere that Adaptive Cruise would be offered on the Compass, unless like you said, it is bundled with FCW.

19. Mike V.

I have seen that too, that's why I am assuming it is bundled and I may not have every complete detail.

Mike

Ryan likes this.
  20. dmcdonald

dmcdonald Well-Known Member

The forward-looking radar for the adaptive-cruise is shown in the videos and images posted including The Creating of the All New Jeep Compass a few posts back.