AF: ordered a vehicle, building it is apparently taking a while... | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ordered a vehicle, building it is apparently taking a while...

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Hangout' started by link3721, Oct 3, 2019.

1. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

So we ordered a Pacifica Hybrid at the end of June. Cue the July-mid August shutdown and model year changeover. We got an updated 2020 order in and did get a VIN in August. On Sept 6 my salesman said it was in paint, however last week (Sept 23) he said it was still in paint and would contact their factory rep. He hadn't heard back at the beginning of this week (Oct 1) and said he would try again.

I understand the shutdown, but it seems like this is taking a while. We got our Grand Caravan less than 6 weeks after ordering. Is there something going on with the Pacificas or maybe it's because we ordered a hybrid? Any other possibilities that I'm missing? Thanks.

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The GM strike may begin affecting other manufacturers and suppliers soon, if not already. I hope that you get your Pacifica soon! :)

3. link3721

Level 2 Supporter

Found out the hybrid batteries are backordered till next month. Anyone know where they're made?

I guess the upside is I might be able to take delivery in December when there should be some good end of year rebates.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  4. 1999 White C5 Coupe

1999 White C5 Coupe Well-Known Member

link3721 likes this.
  5. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I was traveling north on I-75 yesterday. I saw load after load of FCA products of all kinds. Missing in the mix was Pacificas, Chargers, and Challengers. Ironic that I saw load after load of Caravans, but not one Pacifica.

6. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Must just be the particular model . I ordered a 2020 Durango and from the date I signed the order until the date it arrived at the dealer was 3 weeks . I was shocked it only took 3 weeks . I pick it up in a couple of days .

7. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

I live in a suburb of Detroit and did a quick search. NO 2019 models but about 6 2018 models available.

8. link3721

Level 2 Supporter

Well, finally moved to shipping status this week, but don't have a delivery date yet. Unfortunately no rebates this month but as long as we get it by the end of the month I get the tax credit much sooner instead of waiting till 2021. Painful wait but we're looking forward to finally taking possession.

9. link3721

Level 2 Supporter

We finally took delivery a couple weeks ago! Of course it was just before they showed the 2021's off at the auto show, but the wife actually likes the current styling better than the upcoming styling changes. We drove it over 600 miles before we had to fill it up since we'd been charging it every night (unless it was raining). I really like how it drives and all the new tech. Here's a pic from delivery night and one of both vans next to each other.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit, may have to get different image links later tonight...

Devildodge and page2171 like this.