Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT - should I drive this vehicle with a....

Discussion in 'GFAQ: G-Body Frequently Asked Questions' started by Scstables, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Scstables

Scstables Member

The old 98 Tahoe we have is losing brake fluid. The brakes were going to the floor three weeks ago, and I checked the fluid which was low. Well, I checked the fluid today (brakes okay) the fluid did go down since the last time I added. Is it safe to be driving this until I get it looked at? I may have to get the Daytona out of the garage....

Kim

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Not at all safe. Do not drive it at all. Have it towed if it's going out for repair. Never take a chance with brakes.

3. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

The only possible "good" thing is that the brake fluid might have been low due to wear (as disc brake pads wear, fluid displaces the extra space in the caliper). But even if that happened you may have air in the lines and the brakes need bled.
    Worst case there's a leak and it should not be drive. follow Bob's advice.

4. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Plain and simple, DON'T drive that vehicle.

5. Scstables

Scstables Member

Okay thanks all for the advice.