Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of curiosity... The 360 LH

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by Tomguy, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

Hellcat is a LOT of power, it'd require a LOT of supporting mods. A 6.4 Hemi is the biggest I'd go and even then I'd probably reinforce the subframe assembly.

awyseguy likes this.
  2. awyseguy

awyseguy Well-Known Member

Well I certainly couldn't complain about a 6.4L LH car.. My Concorde would certainly need to have the fenders swapped from plastic to steel before I would even consider a V8 swap.. The plastic OEMs both cracked from just street use.

3. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Even a bone stock 5.7L Hemi would make an LH 'talk' since I'm pretty sure that car weighs significantly less than any LX/LY platform vehicle

4. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

Plastic fenders? I know my 300M has steel. I didn't know Concordes had plastic fenders!
    That is one of the reasons I would love to try this swap. Yes there are lighter cars, but it'd be one-of-a-kind, and fun as all get out. Nobody expects a Hemi RWD LH. If I did the suspension and swap properly - not some bodge job - it could out-handle an LX due to the lower weight, and it'd be easier to shave weight off of as well I imagine.

5. blackstratus

blackstratus Well-Known Member

He must have a 1995 or earlier Concorde. Chrysler used plastic fenders on those model years. I had one. Never had any durability issues with them on my car but interesting to hear there were issues on this one. The nice thing is they didn't rust away in the Wisconsin salty winter driving. In 1996 they went to steel

6. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

I hate how dreams never come true. 4/21 on the way home from work my DD, the 300M with 207,5xx on it, fell victim to a woman who started her left turn and didn't see me when I was 3/4 of the way thru the intersection. Her insurance decided to total it out so now I will need to swap the good panels from it to my other 99, the "Parts car" I was going to turn into the project car.

7. RLSH700

RLSH700 New Member

Technically speaking since there is a Plymouth Prowler with a 6.1L Hemi swap and the Prowler is using the LH platform, I would think it should be possible.

8. awyseguy

awyseguy Well-Known Member

Yep.. It's a '94. I did see there are steel replacements available. I'm planning to swap them out when I get a chance..

9. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the 4.0L V8 based on the Lamborghini V8 similar to the Daytona Decepzione Engine??

Thanks
    Randy

10. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

There is very little info here on AllPar about what plans there were for the 3rd generation of the LH cars.
    The LH cars were designed from the start to be either FWD or RWD.
    I'm sure there were plans in the late 90's and at least for the first year before Damler killed it.
    What were they?

11. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

The original LX cars were to be red based LH cars but larger. Those didn't get off the ground fiest because they did the Neon and cloud cars. By that time Diamler was there and plans changed again.