AF: Pacifica recall | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pacifica recall

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

stroudtom likes this.
  2. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

How did they just not find that out? They do testing in Michigan which loves to throw salt down for any reason at all

3. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Just a small number of fires, and mostly related to Canada. So what. One fire is too many. Makes you want to jump right out and buy one.

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  4. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

Road Salt and any other corrosive materials used on roads needs to be outlawed. Everywhere. Here in Wisconsin they hardly plow the snow on Federal and County Roads. But they Salt every square inch of every single mile every single time a flake falls. I have also seen them dumping it on bare roads in the Spring because if they don't use it all up they won't get all the $$$$$ for next year. Absolutely Ridiculous.

5. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

I've only been to Wisconsin once, and what you said is absolutely true. The roads looked like they were paved WITH salt. I've never seen anything like it before in my life. By the time I got out of there, my roof even had a nice white layer!

6. paullybob

paullybob Well-Known Member

Just a little "SIDEJACK...here in Northern Ontario they do very much the same. There is no other economically viable alternative to sodium, calcium or magnesium chloride to clear away road ice!! We want to have super clean highways and city streets but complain about the use of salts because of damage to our vehicles, plants. wildlife and ecosystems. I don't know what the solution is but as more and more vehicles appears on our streets. highways and freeways, the need for salt will become even more demanding.

7. MSwenning

MSwenning Active Member

North Dakota, no road salt ever, it is illegal. No one here will by a Minnesota car, they have excessive use of road salt.