Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pacifica "tech Support" Forum

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by skidsmadawg96, Feb 3, 2006.

1. skidsmadawg96

skidsmadawg96 Allpar's Signature Policeman!
    Level III Supporter

There isnt really any action in the Pacifica area, even though I see tons of them on the road each day!?!

Anyway, If you have had a issue fixed on your Pac, or have a problem, and want to figure it out before taking it to the dealer, post your things here!

Personally, If anyone has a issue with their pacifica, and wants some help figureing it out, and seeing what needs to be done, feel free to contact me. My pac has been in the shop 28 times since I got it, so i have experanced alot of things with these cars. I will be able to help with alot of quesitons about the Pacs, but anyone, feel free to post answers and questions here!

koso981 likes this.
  2. CanadianJeepYJ

CanadianJeepYJ The NEW Chrysler's Armchair CEO

why has it been in the shop for 28 times???

3. Jeff2KPatriotBlue

Jeff2KPatriotBlue Radioactive

I am guessing that it was not for 84 000 miles worth of oil changes.

Please, do tell!

4. fljoslin

fljoslin Member

My wife's Pacifica is 17 months old with 11,000 miles on it. The driver's side window mechanism broke and was replaced. Other than that it has been oil changes and lots of gas.

5. skidsmadawg96

Level III Supporter

My pacifica has been in the shop for (all I can remeber, and feel like typing... ;) )

2 Carpet replacement (a/c condenser was leaking inside the car)
    Driver seat adjuster stuck, causing the seat to recline and raise constently
    3 times for a horrible whine from the engine
    PCM reprogrammed 2 times
    Stupid misc. things (weatherstripping, dash had a wave in it...)

that all adds up to 28 days. There is definitly more things that were wrong with it, but I cant think of them right now...
    [​IMG]
    thats my glovebox w/all the service papers...

6. juma1998

juma1998 Moparaholic

Seems like they got a lot of the bugs out - with the newer Pacs tho. The older ones did seems to have a lot of annoying issues.

7. skidsmadawg96

Level III Supporter

well...mine was made 2 weeks **BEFORE** the "official" switchover from 04 to 05 was, even though mine is VIN'd as an 05...

8. Jason A. Ongankul

Jason A. Ongankul Moderator
    Level 2 Supporter

How much difference could the "official" 05 have compared to the model built 2 weeks before? Woudn't they still use the same parts, built by the same people?

9. DSMLVR

DSMLVR Retired Chrysler Employee

Well guys, I can say that I must have a special Pacifica because it has been pretty much trouble free. It did have the 'ZAPPING' of the power seat due to the high static with the cloth interior ( which I ordered specificly because I am not a big fan of any leather interiors). In an out in a flash with no other problems. Oh I did have a purge valve code and they replaced that also. NO vehicle is perfect and I can accept these problems as possible and normal in any vehicle. The big thing was that it was fixed fast and with a smile by the dealer. I do sympathise with those of you who have had the major problems. Oh, by the way, I have a 2004 Pacifica AWD built Nov. 25, 2003.

10. skidsmadawg96

Level III Supporter

My 2004/2005 pac has:

04 Shifter
    No passenger airbag light on dash
    different radio
    and something else, that i dont remeber.

11. cmart

cmart Guest

I have an 05 Pacifica (the second). When it rained this past weekend my front driver side carpet and rear driver side carpet got soaked. All the windows were up .The floor was so wet that when you mash down on the carpet, water came up around my fingers. the rear floor mat was soaked(dripping water)Has anyone had this problem ? If so has it been repaired? How did they fix it?
    Now this is the wierd part,,I bought the first Pacifica,an 05 in Jan 05 ,after a couple of months this first car started to have water in the floor, drivers front and rear.I had taken it into the dealership 6 times for this problem,funny thing, this happened on sunny days...They called and asked me to get my personel items out of the car.They could not repair/fix the problem .They found me another Pacifica ,sent my first back to Chrysler(so they said).This is two different Pacifica's mileage and vin were different.I have had this second Pacifica almost a year with no problems,rain , no rain,washing or ......Question is ...Is there a drain problem on these cars around the door? Around the front cowl ? I park in my drive way .My drive way has a very slight tilt(approx 8 inches for 25 ft in length)Car is locked up tight at night with alarm.This is were the car sits when it rains and when I wash it.I have had a fan on the floor for the past three days,,still wet.I know the padding under the carpet is soaked.Has anyone had this problem????Can it be fixed???I like the car but tired of the same thing.Any help would GREATLY be appreciated THANK YOU

12. DSMLVR

DSMLVR Retired Chrysler Employee

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your water leak. Send me an email with PACIFICA WATER LEAK in the subject line, and I will send you a few TSB's on leak problems.

trdstr2000[at]sbcglobal.net

13. Slantsixness

Slantsixness Member

well.....

I have an '05 Pacifica. 15,918 miles on it, we bought it as a Chrysler Certified used vehicle.... last month. It was manufactered in May '05, and was a Leased vehicle for 7 months (not a rental car, a pleasant suprise...)

First, I love my Pacifica. Nobody else comes close to a Pacifica, without feeling like a boxy Import Plastic SUV. And It's much different than my 3 other Mopar Minivans, so I don't really get the "Reboxed minivan" concept that so many people try to classify it as..... actually, it reminds me more of a '58 Belvedere Station Wagon but not quite as big....

Ok here's the Problems...... (And I'm a Mopar FANATIC, so getting rid of it is out of the question!!!....)

Here's how it's gone so far:

Drove it all weekend 130 miles......no problems. My wife and I parked at a furniture store, and I backed in to a parking spot for once... got out, and Viola! dead car. Alarm light in the dash would work but not blink, but no keyless entry...

I was suprised, but being under full (and free!) warranty, not greatly concerned....

I got back in to my "dead" car and it started! But no dash lights, no running lights, nothing. The Radio and AC lit back up after about 30 seconds, and they worked.... but no dash lights at all. Then the Navigation came on, with the rest of the cluster still dead! The alarm light was still on, and not flashing as it usually does, just on constantly. I fiddled with turning it on and of and starting the car a few times, thinking that it could be the ignition switch got stuck or something, but no, still "dead", but it RAN fine.

So, even though discouraged, it was Sunday, so we went into the furniture store and shopped. About 30 minutes later, We came out and just "amusingly" I hit the lock button, guessing that it still wouldn't work... and "BEEP"! IT DID!

OK... where's the Guy with the hidden camera, I wondered....? My wife is all PO'ed, I'm concerned about getting the car back home with no lights and no speedo I can see, if it did work.....

Got in the car, turned the Key, and All came back to life! Everything appeared as "Normal", working fine...... BUT.....

Engine Light is now on! Checked the codes, came up with
    U 0110 and U 0140, which I beleive are O2 sensor related, but I'm not sure because I'm used to counting flashes or seeing "P" codes...

So, even though It's going Back to Chrysler (probably tomorrow), and I'll likely have an answer or at least a fix shortly,
    Has anybody ever seen this? I'm betting on a bad BCM, or Wiring, but I dread finding out it's "intermittent and undeterminable"

Any ideas?

Tom
    (Long time Mopar nut with my first "new" Mopar in over 10 years...)

14. Slantsixness

Slantsixness Member

I knew this would happen....

Today, My wife and I went back to the same Furniture store.
    MY Pacifica still had the engine light on for U0110 and U0140...

Went into the store, came out started it up. and Poof! no codes, no more engine light. :huh:

I'm glad I retrieved the codes when the light was on, even though they seemed erroneous.

But this little hiccup has still got me perplexed, as it would anybody who just forked over $26K for any car!

I think I'll wait until the next oil change (or Failure!) before I waste a day trying to explain this to my dealer. The Servicewriter would probably just shrug and say "What do you want us to do? The car isn't broken now!" :blink:

I'm thinking I like the "hiccup" answer. I'll just buy my pacifica some mor fuel and the hiccups will go away??? :rolleyes:

15. Pac2005Nu

Pac2005Nu Member

Slantsixness, Hmmm, I have an 05 AWD Touring and I have not had any real issues other than the EVIC on occassion have to be reset. However, that ws after I was experimenting and pressed multiple buttons on it at the same time, and I was able to get the GAS mileage to go up and down while i was sitting in a parking space. I was trying top see what hidden things might pop-up if I did that. LOL! Well it worked in other cars, so I thought I might give it a shot! Did not work though.

Good luck on that annoyance!

Pac2005Nu

16. Slantsixness

Slantsixness Member

I have found out that I may be a victim of a loose wire connector in the B pillar. The dealer wants to see it to be sure, but this has occured before to some other people.
    They even had an explanation for the Engine light and codes.

I'll post more about it when I corner the Technician and servicewriter on the issue next week. They did say "there's no harm in driving it, so I scheduled the service at my convenience...

Tom

17. Pac2005Nu

Pac2005Nu Member

Thanks that sounds like it will be good info.

18. fljoslin

fljoslin Member

I had something very similar to this on my 1999 Intrepid ES, not on my wife's Pacifica. I am very anal about my cars, do most of my own work and am very in tune to how they sound feel etc. What caused the problem on the Intrepid was turning the ignition key too far back after starting the car. This car is 6.5 years old and the ignition mechanism is just a little bit sloppy. I realized that I was turning just a little too far back. The car still ran, but all of the idiot lights came on.
    I would look to see if your ignition key is sloppy and watch carefully how you start the car.

19. Slantsixness

Slantsixness Member

Fred2,

My Dad has a 97 Intrepid with the same problem. It turned out to be the key lock cylinder was actually broken, not the switch itself, and it would get stuck halfway and produce a similar symptom. I had the lock fixed for him, as he's too old to do it himself... (for that matter at 83 he's "almost" too old to keep driving, but he's hard headed, just like me!)

Tom

20. nlpd

nlpd Guest

I have had the following problems:

-cracking when playing Norah Jones and Michael Buble Cds (supposedly not covered under Maximum Care plan)
    -Rough start in 1st gear, low fluid due to bad gasket on transmission pan (not to mention they charged me for new transmission fluid and filter, this should be part of the repair because it could have been caused by the bad gasket)
    -stupid vent "handles" broke on three vents
    -passenger side rear window had mind of its own (they charged me for new glass because they said it was a bad clip on the window, but the clip can only be ordered with new windows, and they claim the Maximum Care plan doesn't include glass even though an inoperable window is "mechanical" and the plan states, "If it's mechanical, it's covered!"
    -Coolant leak