Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pacifica "tech Support" Forum

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by skidsmadawg96, Feb 3, 2006.

1. bearsville

bearsville New Member

I have a 2004 Pacifica that has behaved fairly well. I feel like it is going through rotors faster than it should. We had the clunking transmission and occasionally the air vents do not work quite right. The tush warmers need to get a little more voltage too!

Anyway, it has been very well behaved and now I have problem with a noisy front end. When hard braking or braking when going down a long hill, there is a a lot of squeaking and now shaking in the front end. At just over 84,000 miles, I figure it must need some new struts and strut bearings (based on my experience with my 1991 Caravan) but that does not seem like it could be causing such a squeaking problem.

Any ideas? I will post this on the minivan/Pacifica Forum too.

2. espro

espro Guest

I"ve had an 06 pacifica touring since Thanksgiving of 2008. This June (2010) it started the infamous light flickering. Like everyone else I brought it to the dealer two times specifically for this issue and both times they couldn't find anything wrong and simply tightened up my battery connections..which were not loose anyway. So I followed this forum's advice and added a new positive battery cable - from the battery to the fuse box - and it has been5 months with not a single issue - and I even went on a cross country summer vacation with it and not one problem.

It cost $15 and took me a half hour to install (including the time to remove and replace my battery to flip over the fusebox).

cheers to forums!

3. kellirich

kellirich Guest

Did you every get a solution to your problem? We too had the same issue and the dealer had to reprogram the hvac controls. It fixed the problem for a few months but then it started doing it again. The dealer said it was the A/C control head that needed to be replaced. Since ours is a very early 2004 (off the assembly line in Aug 2003) it required a part that costs over $500! My husband was able to find it used for about
    $200 and has now installed it. Our problem is that, while the air does come out of the different areas, the areas don't match the display. For example, the display says defrost and the air comes out of the front vents. We don't know if we need to go to the dealer for some kind of "reprogramming" and can't find answers anywhere.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! Thanks, Kelli

4. UFgator1007

UFgator1007 New Member

I bought an '05 Pacifica in Dec 2004 and now has about 95,000 miles and no major problems. However, a few days ago the radio display went blank. The indicators of the radio light up, radio and CD player and everything else work, but no display. Can't tell the time or the station or channel I'm listening. The label on the radio has the following info: Chrysler Corporation; Part No. P05094468AC; S/N TZ1AA1454B2720; Date Code 1454; Supplier 45811H; Assembled in Mexico; 2004, AP.MAY.
    Does anyone know how to repair this radio, or who can repair it or replace the display? I realize I can buy a modern radio at BestBuy or online, however, I'd like some info about fixing this one. Thanks.

5. BlueMax

BlueMax New Member

Well hello out there all you Pacifica's
    I'm a proud owner of a 2007 4.0Litre Touring Edition and have had no real problems to speak of.I purchased it with 82k's on it
    back in April and have put about 5k's on it since then.The vehicle had regular servicing from new and the original owner had all
    the service records in the glove box.I went through them and saw oil changes 3 times a year aswell as filters.I've been following
    the posting's in the forum and can't really comment on them,other than maybe can suggest that regular servicing is required
    with a vehicle of this calibar.
    I have a few questions to post and maybe somebody can make some suggestions or tips.
    The 1st thing I noticed was that this vehicle is a front tire EATER!
    It was on it's 2nd set of Michelin MKV4+'s with only 82k on them.I researched this complaint,and the most common answer was
    that it's front heavy!
    Now the Michelin is a great tire,but I didn't want to pay $245.00 a piece Canadian price.I looked into other Brands.
    The Falken ZE12??,rough ride,Nokian was a close 2nd,but I settled on The Toyo Versado CUV.Great tire,all season very quiet
    and have a flat sidewall profile,and at $210.00 a piece installed thought it a very good deal.I highly recommend them if your in the
    market for tires.I'm running a 235/65VR17 XL,which are the tire size spec's.
    There's lots of low end and mid range power,but I'd like to bump it up a bit.There's not too many options out there,so I'm thinking
    of the basic's,air flow intake and exhaust options.
    I've found a bit of info on K&N filter systems and some free flow exhaust sytems.I've got quite a lot of car and engine knowledge
    so if I have to do some mods,no problem,but I'd really appreciate and feed back that might be out there.I'm also trying to hunt
    down an engine manual for the 4.0litre V6 engine.
    Thanks again,and if I can help any of you out there,I'd be more than happy to try and help.
    Michael Johnston
    Kelowna,British Columbia
    Canada

6. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The 4.0L already has dual exhaust and the factory air intake is cold air. There may be baffles and tuned chambers for noise (drone) control in the intake air stream. They don't really cause a restriction and you may want to leave them there. The 4.0L is a nice, high-torque engine. You also have the 6-speed automatic?
    There is a 4-volume book factory service manual set, but the manuals on a disc may be cheaper than shipping these 'phone books'. See what's out there.
    If you plan on doing a lot of your own work and want to know more about the car, these can pay for themselves quickly and should be looked at like any tool purchase. I can't vouch for the disc quality of some of these online sellers if it's a copy of the factory manual or a download that they send you. The Chrysler factory service manual is copyrighted information.

http://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Pacifica-Repair-Manual-Original/dp/B00435FH38

http://www.auto-repair-manuals.com/2007Chrysler-Pacifica-CS-Service-Manual-on-CD-XML-SVG.html?gclid=CI3xuJO79LQCFQ2i4AodMBkA1A

7. A.j. Schreiber

Im with IC, I've bought the CD versions of of the factory manuals from chrysler, they are by far the best. They cover EVERYTHING and are fairly easy to understand

8. BlueMax

BlueMax New Member

Hey there fellow Pacificar,I have the touring 2007 4.0litre.Love it.According to the user manual it reccomends 89 octane or mid
    grade here in Canada.You might want to look into that,I also run Pennzoil 10W30 Synthetic high grade oil in it.I also ran some
    injector cleaner through the gas.1/2 bottle,approx 4oz's to a full tank of gas.I wasn't really having any of the issue's your listing.
    I'm an ol muscle car owner runner from the late 70's early 80',so I've blown up a few motors & rearends in my days.Now what I'm
    experiencing sounds like a sticking lifter sound when I start it up in the morning's.Goes way after a couple of minutes,then quiet.
    Come warmer weather I'll be looking into this further.I've also been thinking of using a K&N air filter,but some good points have
    been raised,ie air flow change.I have a service manual on order,I hope it's an up to date one and not a first printing one.Just one
    more thing,If possible I would have a dealer do any high end maint,or servicing or your mechanic,but this is a German,North American design,so I little of their thinking and a little of ours.Happy travelling

9. ewtipp

ewtipp Member

i have a similar issue with my 06 except it is on the passenger side can I get the tech note also.

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

For the a/c vent issue, if it's still happening, try resetting the climate control computer, that should fix it. Had to do that once on our 300M. One takes out a certain fuse and it resets itself after a few minutes, then the fuse goes back in. (If I could remember which one, I'd say it, but a quick net search should find it)

11. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

HI, I have a 2004 AWd Pacifica, one owner-me.
    When i turn the car off, It chimes and the dash warning lights come on and stay on. Making it necessary to disconnect the battery. When running, all is normal. Anybody have any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Matthew Lesko

12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

13. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

No, I don't have the equipment.

14. Jeff2KPatriotBlue

Jeff2KPatriotBlue Radioactive

15. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

Hi, So I also turned the #3 IOD fuse around 180 degrees and this is what happened Loss of internal memory but dash lights stay off. My question is: Is there a downside to doing this? And does this indicate another problem?
    I also tried to get the codes as per the above link, but nothing came up just "P done".
    Matt

16. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The fault code reading test given is only for engine (powertrain) fault codes. It may not even show transaxle (TCM) fault codes. You need a special code reader or scan tool to read the instrument cluster/BCM fault codes where this problem probably is. Your cluster isn't going to sleep with the ignition key power off like it should.

17. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

Is there a problem with rotating that fuse?

18. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Removing the IOD (ign-off draw) fuse will erase memory and possibly reset the logic in the electronic modules. You will have to reset the clock every time. The stations in the Chrysler radio should stay put.
    If your state emissions inspections requires the OBD II monitors to have run, they won't with the reset. It takes 2-3 days to run all the monitors.
    I can't see where rotating the fuse 180 degrees in the slots would make any difference.
    Removing the fuse may fix the symptoms temporarily, but it doesn't fix the problem.

19. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

Thank you,
    You are right on the money. The clock does not work and neither do the auto door locks or the tailgate. So rotating the fuse didn't do anything, removing it did. So what do you think is causing this problem? Is it something a novice can fix himself?

Matt

20. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The diagnosis may require a special tool like an advanced scan tool to get the answer, then you can probably change just the failed part yourself. A factory service manual may be helpful for this higher level of work.
    Nothing battery powered will work with that fuse out. Make sure that your safety items: horn, brake lights, hazards and parking lights still work.