Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pacifica "tech Support" Forum

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by skidsmadawg96, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

Hi,
    Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it. I am unemployed so my options are limited. I will try to get it scanned as you suggest and go from there. I will be sure to check that the safety items are operational.
    This all started with the blower being stuck on high, I then replaced the blower resitor unit (that was $70.00) and that fixed that problem but then this other stuff almost immediatly started happening( key remotes not working, dash warning lights remaining on after shut off, door locks not working remotely, tailgate not working from key, etc.) I know you are trying to help and I am certainly not a mechanic.
    Thanks again and I will keep my eye on this forum.

Matthew Lesko

2. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

Thanks "lives here" I'm just seeing if anybody else out there has solved this problem.

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD.
    This all started with the blower being stuck on high, I then replaced the blower resitor unit (that was $70.00) and that fixed that problem but then this other stuff almost immediatly started happening( key remotes not working, dash warning lights remaining on after shut off and draining the battery, door locks not working remotely when vehicle is off, but OK when vehicle is running, tailgate not working from key, I don't think the alarm is being armed, etc.) Anybody run into this problem and solve it?

Many thanks,
    Matt Lesko

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Thanks for the extra clues. The solid state blower speed control for the ATC (automatic temperature control) is driven by the BCM. Just on a hunch was this a factory (Mopar) part?
    You might want to try unplugging the 'resistor' on a day with moderate temperatures (when you can roll down the windows), reset the battery and see if the problem corrects itself?
    It could be a coincidence, but maybe not.

4. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

No

No,
    It was an aftermarket part, Duralast.

5. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

Hi,
    Now the car won't start and won't jumpstart. This happened overnight, no warning. There is not even a click. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matthew Lesko

6. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Check for a loose battery cable?

7. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

Yes sir. I disconnected, cleaned the posts and re-tightened them. The battery is less than a year old. If you read the rest of my posts, you will see the series of events leaing up to this.

Matt

8. Matthew Lesko

Matthew Lesko New Member

HI,
    Now i have no blower at all, except for a very low rear blower. Put in a new blower motor resistor today (2nd one) and no change. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Matthew Lesko

I also put a new battery in.

Matthew Lesko

I should have said I put a new battery in and the vehicle started up. 2 days later, no blower, changed the resistor today (It was waranteed for a lifetime) no blower.

Matthew Lesko

9. j_martinello

j_martinello Member

My family is looking into buying a 2007 or 2008 Pacifica.. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on these cars and I just wanted to know anybody's opinion about reliability and what common problems are. I heard the newer models are generally pretty reliable, but we want to make sure! Thanks!

10. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. The later ones are better, although the older ones still make nice cars as well. Roomy, comfortable and fairly economical.
    As with any 6 year old used car, there may be maintenance items (timing belt/water pump/spark plugs/coolant) and other work needed. The more electronic options generally means that there is more to go wrong. Make sure that everything works. Inspect the car for corrosion or accident damage.
    See what is in your area. Drive them for any unusual noises or feel.

11. humbertoc1

humbertoc1 Member

wath i need to do to resset the tire prssure system on my chrysler pacifica 2004 and thanks for your help

12. szegecs

szegecs New Member

13. Tyroark970

Tyroark970 New Member

Bought a nice, clean 04 cheap, with a blown 3.5.On low budget replacement motor search. With scare of anothe bad 3.5, exploring options. Anyone ever done a swap? Looking for ssuggestions. My wife loves the car.

14. bridanne

bridanne New Member

Well this is my first post to this area. I was raised in a Mopar family and have returned after trying other products. Now for my question I am looking for the weatherstripping that surrounds the sunroof as mine is starting to get small flakes in it and has a small leak at times.

15. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. What year? I don't see any serviceable weatherstripping or seals in the parts book. They would come with the sunroof 'module' or assembly. Sunroof is on p. SCS-1120. The page is almost at the end of the catalog here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD4/02-05/04CS.PDF
    You may try silicone spray and treating the rubber to slightly 'swell' it in order to seal it.
    Make sure that all 4 drain tubes are clear. These had a tendency to clog with tree debris.

16. bridanne

bridanne New Member

Hey Imperial Crown you sound like a real guru for Chryslers. Thanks for the help. Is there any way to add the dual exhaust to the early 3.5.

17. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The dual outlet exhaust became available in 2007 with the 4.0L. The rear bumper had the cutouts for the tips.
    The 3.5L is in the same engine family as the 4.0L.
    The custom dual exhaust manufacturers like Magnaflow, Hearthrob and Gibson don't have dual outlet kit listings for the older Pacificas. I still don't know what year yours is, so I plugged in 2005. With or without AWD may make a difference. I don't know what is different about the older Pacificas that might not give a dual system the necessary clearance around underside components.
    Some of the better equipped muffler/brake shops have a pipe mandrel bending/swaging machine to make custom systems. If they can't do it, they would tell you up front after assessing the underside of your car. I'm thinking of a 'cat-back' dual outlet system.
    A custom system would look nice, but I doubt that there will be any performance improvement and it will be expensive if it is possible to fit.

18. bridanne

bridanne New Member

Imperial Crown her birth certificate says that her birth was April of 2003.

19. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

So it is a 2004 model year Pacifica.
    I'm sure if the custom dual exhaust makers products that I listed above could fit yours, they would list it so. They say only that the kit fits only 2007-08 and only for the 4.0L (although the pipe diameter could be the same as the 3.5L).
    Something may be different with the layout of the undercarriage components and I don't know what.
    http://www.mephistoblog.com/exhaust-systems/chrysler-pacifica-magnaflow-exhaust-systems/
    http://www.andysautosport.com/chrysler/2004_9999_pacifica/performance/exhaust/exhaust_systems/gibson/
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/gibson-split-rear-cat-back-exhaust-systems/p2006403.jcwx
    I think that your only option would be a custom exhaust shop. I see no ready-made kits.

20. NYBo

Level III Supporter

I have pondered this question several times. I don't think it's a matter of component clearance. Given the relative rarity of the vehicle and the demographics of the owners, it probably doesn't make economic sense for any of the exhaust system manufacturers to engineer an off-the-shelf dual system. A replacement system for a later 4.0L might be adaptable, but it would be an expensive gamble with very little potential return. A performance muffler might be a better way to go if you want to reduce back pressure and get a more aggressive sound.