Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Were you wondering what the 2019 Ram 1500 looks like? We’ve gotten a sneak peek at the grille and interior of what appears to be a fairly high-end model, based on the real wood.

[​IMG]

That grille seems to be begging for a word in the middle — but isn’t it too large for “RAM”? Perhaps “Ram 1500” or “Ram Laramie” will show up there — perhaps not. This is almost certainly not a “final product,” especially with the large rectangle in the middle of the grille (even if it is masking some sensors).

This front end design is rather different from any of our renderings, particularly around the headlights. This might be a heavy duty model, which would explain some of it; but you can still see the insiders’ tales, such as “chrome going into the headlights,” as accurate.

[​IMG]

The interior, unsurprisingly, keeps what has worked for Ram in the past — gauges-within-gauges, a huge trip computer between the gauges (bigger than 7 inches, we’d say), a well-designed steering wheel, and generous use of wood. You can see the new, blockier Ram logo on the steering wheel.

The large knob isn’t used for shifting, as far as we can tell, but for changing RWD-4×4 modes. Climate controls are similar to past setups — pleasant to look at, with a good tactile response and high ease-of-use. The stereo appears to be an 8.4, but with the latest screen styling.

We’re not sure if these are really production intent, and if so, how close they are to being final; but they do show fairly attractive and original styling, which is a good sign.

Read the whole post here.

2. Tomguy

Level 2 Supporter

I am looking forward to seeing it in a rendering. From that angle and with the camo fascia/bumper it's quite hard to tell how it'd flow across the whole truck. It sort of looks Ram's take of Ford's take of Aston's grilles.

3. saltydog

saltydog Well-Known Member

I like what I see so far!

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Great scoop Dave!

Mike

Ruptured Duck and Dave Z like this.
  5. srtaholic

srtaholic Well-Known Member

LONGHORN above the gauge cluster? Laramie maybe? Looks like it would be a LONGHORN interior though

6. srtaholic

srtaholic Well-Known Member

Thinking front grill will say the same actually

7. eigib56

eigib56 Well-Known Member

Its face looks rather GM-ish to me. Is it losing a little of the big-rig look? Fenders seem to be raised closer to the level of the hood. Need to see the whole thing, but what I see doesn't look nearly as distinctive as the current Ram.

Mopartial, redhed and Adventurer55 like this.
  8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Someone is getting fired... and that is a Laramie because lower model trims will still have the crosshair.

Don't worry, the upscale models like Laramie, Laramie Limited and Laramie Longhorn as well as Rebel will still say "RAM" but the other models will still have the crosshair which will be exclusive to Ram in 2021.

#8 redriderbob, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Mopartial, somber and UN4GTBL like this.
  9. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

It is the way the pic is edited to protect the innocent.

Mike

Dave Z likes this.
  10. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

DADDY LIKE!

Great shots!

11. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Hmmmm... did I say something about that steering wheel Ram logo having a more industrial look in the Rebel TRX Concept making it into production???

[​IMG]

Love the toggle switches. Now people can see that black pad under the UConnect screen is actually the emergency flashers. New 10" TFT screen looks amazing and the new steering wheel buttons that will debut on the Wrangler JL this fall show up really good in the pictures.

#11 redriderbob, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  12. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Hopefully not!

Mike

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  13. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

As a Ram owner, it's nice. Does it make me want to trade? Well not really, but I'm going to wait till I see the truck in person. I hope the front end isn't moving Chevy's way, it hasn't been the boon in sales they'd hoped for.

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the Laramie models, like the current ones you are going to get a lot of chrome. As you can see in the spy photo on top are the first time Ram 1500 is getting optional LED headlights. Similar to the Charger, the Ram will be getting LED daylight running lights that run on the outer edge of the lamp. The turn signals will be in the lower part of the lamp and like the Challenger LED rings will turn from white to amber when the turn signal is on. What the spy shot doesn't show is the new LED fog lights similar to the current Charger model and the all chrome bumper under the camo. A lot tighter gaps and a next generation version of the active grille shutters are behind the grille. This spy shot does an awful job of showing off the Ram 1500 DTs big rig styling look. Yes, it is still there, but not as in your face to push more aero of the truck for better fuel ratings.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

Wow, that is quite revealing!

I agree though, without the crosshairs, it's a tad Ford Fusion/GMC truck-ish

16. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

That front end looks like a cross between a Ford and a Chevy. Way too "me too".
    Hope that is not the real thing.

valiant67 likes this.
  17. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

If you notice the grille in the spy shot intersects under the lamp, on models with the crosshair that is where the crossbar in the crosshair runs across from.

aldo90731, GasAxe and UN4GTBL like this.
  18. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when uconnect will move away from the square and go more towards a rectangle like everyone else. With it being square it makes everything looks stagnant, especially in the cars

UN4GTBL and Mike V. like this.
  19. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

I will reserve judgment until the full thing is revealed, but it does look a little GM'ish to me at this point.

20. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Remember guys, the top of the fenders and good are not shown in the pic. ;)

Mike

marlon_jbt, JKU12 and UN4GTBL like this.