Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

J10 was the first vehicle I ever drove at 8 years old on the farm! It was awesome.....I accidentally hit the dog's house with it.....fortunately, no dog was in it! LOL

But all was good and it was an awesome vehicle!

somber, UN4GTBL and Deckard_Cain like this.
  2. adrianp89

adrianp89 Active Member

I really hope they address the auto on features for remote start. The two weeks of the year it gets into the 40s, I get really aggravated that my seat heaters and wheel wont turn on because its not under 40. To us in the south, 40s and 50s might as well be below 0. Same for cooled seats, I don't need them on at 80, thats already borderline chilly.

jwp44, VoiceOfReason and valiant67 like this.
  3. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

I will be thinking of you as I start my van at -10 F this morning... And today is a warm day... :)

4. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

There is no gap there. It's just the reflection on the chrome.

Like I said above, yes.

And I know how dumb that is.

:D:D:D

Customizable trigger points would be nice.

5. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

BASONE88, MoparMantis and freshforged like this.
  6. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Made my response before reading others. Perhaps my insight wasn't unique, lol... I will admit that I was surprised to see the vertical indent was not present. I had not been informed of that change. I'll need to dig to see if it is universal or just on certain trims.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

The cross hairs are easily identifiable from a distance or if the body is covered in ice/snow/salt/mud/etc. I'm not anal enough put an aftermarket grill on to have one though. My opinion is Ram is just plain being dumb if they drop it entirely.:p The pictures are still leaving me with a bit of skepticism on the new big rig look. I see more bulged hood than dropped fenders. Some things just don't translate well with pictures but look spectacular in the flesh, so I'll just have to wait before giving my industry coveted seal of approval.;)

8. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Lol.. this week, however, it's more like 25-40 degrees here in GA. Been leaving the water running so the pipes don't burst overnight.

9. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

Agreed - should be variable to accommodate customer preference.

burtstwins and suzq044 like this.
  10. VoiceOfReason

The crosshair grille is iconic - and I see *many* complaints on-line about the gradual disappearance of it. Seems like a worthy option.

Ramburger, Adventurer55 and UN4GTBL like this.
  11. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

To be honest, I like some of those grilles a lot more than others.
    But I hope that they eventually release a crosshair grille.

UN4GTBL and GasAxe like this.
  12. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

I agree it's iconic, but unfortunately, it hasn't been universal as many have shown examples of non-crosshair Dodge trucks. I'd be happy with base models getting a crosshair and let the upper models experiment with design. It just perplexes me how Jeep can be so rigid with their across the board usage of the 7 slot grill when there are very positive grill designs used in their past 50 years, while Ram appears to be dropping it's most well know grill design feature in its last 50 years.:confused:

13. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

There is nothing wrong with replacing an iconic design. As long as the new design is better. To me this design is bland, which is better than the pig snout and mustache designs, but not better than the cross hairs.

If they were copying styling cues from the second gen Dakota, it’s odd they missed the whole front part of it.

14. VoiceOfReason

"better" is a subjective word. I don't know how much a grille design relates to sales performance, but as much griping as I hear about it, it leads me to believe that "give the people what they want" is a good (subjectively, of course) policy. I've never designed a grille, but is it that complicated a task to modularize attachment points and just give people options?
    No one does that which could give RAM/FCA a competitive edge.
    On the other hand, perhaps the reason no one does it is because too few people care. I am ambivalent (I like the RAM moustache grille), but I take notice when the general public voices their preferences. True, you can't please everybody, but when the cacophony is consistent, it may be useful to use that emotion to one's advantage.

Ramburger, Alonzo Del Real and Dave Z like this.
  15. haywaj

haywaj Active Member

Any other news besides grill preferences?

dsooby likes this.
  16. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

People will get over just liek how they got over the dart being fwd, or the charger having 4 doors, or ram changing deign in the 90s. If you don't change design then you're gonna have cars like the 90s/ early 2000s where every year/ refresh they looks the same

17. Don W

Don W Active Member

Having a crosshair on performance vehicles such as the viper, challenger, charger, certain durango trims etc. was a bit overkill. They actually look better without the crosshairs because they do not make a big difference because either their grilles are either small (dart, charger, challenger). And on the durango srt looks great and simple without it. I actually didn't know the viper had a crosshair design until last year. And when I started looking at it I felt like it wasn't needed. But when you have a massive grille and an intimidating presence in your face look like the RAM, you almost have to use the crosshair. I'll like this upcoming truck a lot but the original design and @oh20 's design would be one of those "what could have beens." It could have been the nail in the coffin of the silverado for sure.
    [​IMG]

18. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I don't think that picture is a 1500.

Jared26 and suzq044 like this.
  19. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

JT derived Dakota?

Jared26 likes this.
  20. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

If it is, I bet it would sell really well. I personally like it the best.

Ramburger, thebluegoat and suzq044 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.