AF: Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500 | Page 147 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jared26

Jared26 Ram enthusiast

It's better to have competent salespeople. Most don't have a clue, 99% of the time they try to tell me stuff I already know is not true or they just don't have a clue at all, it's frustrating. Like you said with everything on the internet I already know EVERYTHING about what I'm looking at before I come in the door, listening to a clueless salesman doesn't help the experience.

I'm a weirdo though, even when I was 12 years old I had stacks of Motor Trend and Car and Driver magazines etc, I didn't care too much about the unattainable super cars, posters on my wall were things like the 94 Ram, LH cars, Mustangs and I was reading comparison tests between Intrepids and Taurus etc lol. The amount of times I've been told by salesman that I know more than them or have been told by other people that I should be a car salesman is astounding lol.

Ryan, GMtoMoparConvert and Zagnut27 like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I can relate. When I was in second grade I carried around NADA books. My mom finally admitted to throwing them away because I had too many of them and she was tired of dealing with it. And during "free time" at school, most kids would play computer games. I looked at cars.

It's a good thing I work at a dealership and don't have to deal with a salesman. Most of them would find me extremely annoying in that I don't want to deal with their presentation, if I'm there to buy a car I've already done all the research.

3. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

Dude that's totally me. My parents would take me to car lots and let me look around as a kid. I'd get a brochure of all of them in the show room, go home, and study them. I subscribed to Motortrend, too. The game changer for me was when you could build cars online on their website. I still love features on auto sites where you can select trims of competition and compare their specs.

4. Don W

Don W Active Member

So the plan is at midnight the embargo will be lifted. I think TFLtruck will have a video out at midnight where they talk about the truck (correct me if I'm wrong). What will allpar do? And 9:30 am will be when the truck rolls out on stage?

5. Jared26

Jared26 Ram enthusiast

I used to do that too, my Grandpa would always take me to car dealerships and we'd look at all the new cars. I also would collect all the brochures lol.

When I walk into a dealership now I'm not interested in hearing anything besides whether you have what I'm looking for in stock, give me the keys, let me drive it and if I like it I'll buy it. It's that simple. It took me an hour from walking into the dealership until when I was driving out with my Ram when I bought it.

GMtoMoparConvert likes this.
  6. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Reminds me of when the Caliber first came out.. went to the dealer to check it out because I was a bored teenager, and the dealers were literally about a half mile away. The salesperson didn't have a clue that the speakers dropped down, that there was a flashlight in there, or the can cooler thing. In my head I was like.. "and you're the person responsible for selling this?" -- I mean, we were in a high end area, so they could make stuff up & the rich and/or old people would buy it, hook, line & sinker.

Personally, I didn't get into cars until I realized I could, and started modding my Neon.

Don W and Jared26 like this.
  7. Jared26

Jared26 Ram enthusiast

9:05 Eastern is when Ram's press conference starts. There are livestreams around to watch it on as well.

suzq044 likes this.
  8. ptschett

ptschett Well-Known Member

Per someone I saw in my timeline on Twitter that feature's actually functional! It shoots air around the front wheel to clean up the aerodynamics.

9. Don W

Don W Active Member

I'm kind of car guy but more of a truck guy. I've been a dodge (ram) guy for a decade now. Tonight's an exciting night for me and tomorrow morning will be like christmas. Although we basically know a lot of things about the truck, it will still be exciting. I've near really invested much interest into really anything other than mopar and cars in general. Got my license and for the first few months I would go to dealerships and walk the lot. If the truck or car was unlocked I'd sit it in for a while. I really hope RAM has a good showing like Chevy did last night and I'm hoping for some big things. And the only reason I created an allpar account was to see somebody's spy shot of the DT. Was going to delete my account after the official unveiling but now I'm excited for future products and plan to stick around for some time.

suzq044 and Ryan like this.
  10. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Kudos to you Bobbie

11. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

I started lurking here in 2005..... stick around.

GasAxe, MSwenning, ZackAttack and 3 others like this.
  12. Jared26

Jared26 Ram enthusiast

Me too, I lurked around here for a long time before I created an account. This really is a great site.

GMtoMoparConvert and Don W like this.
  13. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

Insiders, if in fact the embargo ends after midnight, PLEASE show your friends the courtesy of staying online and spilling at least a thing or two and answering some questions. You know you're dying to, anyway. lol

#2933 GMtoMoparConvert, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    K-9 and randy1911 like this.
  14. suzq044

Like that three word feature we're obsessed with. XD

Granted, idk how many people are off for the holiday tomorrow, so some may already be asleep.

K-9, MoparMantis, Ryan and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

It’s a good thing my boss is going to be gone this week because when the pictures of the DT come out I’m probably going to be doing a lot of Photoshop projects in my free time at work.

I’m sure @suzq044 can relate to that excitement.

Jared26, K-9 and suzq044 like this.
  16. suzq044

Yyyup. Lol
    Edit: 1 more hour til midnight.. //insert clock ticking// .. lol

#2936 suzq044, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  17. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

I’ll try to answer what I can, within reason.

18. K-9

K-9 Well-Known Member

Super obsessed with the three word feature. I hope it's anti-gravity Bladerunner Spinner car good. Super Blammo Megatron Particle Canon good. Dr. Who Tardis good. :);)

45 minutes-ish to go.

ScramFan likes this.
  19. williev

williev Active Member

TheDetroitNews is showing the picture of the 2019 Ram already! Laramie model! It’s drop dead gorgeous!

GMtoMoparConvert likes this.
  20. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

Post a picture man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.