AF: Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500 | Page 17 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

For what it's worth, I don't consider the Durango to have a "big-rig" loo either though.

valiant67 likes this.
  2. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

Overall IMO it looks like a home run! I was hoping that the more basic headlights would still atleast be a projector style like seen on the Durango, but that's being nit picky. You can also see the holes in the tailgate where the RAM letters will be mounted, they look quite a bit smaller which should be much more appealing (GMC sized for an example) thank the current tailgates.

3. redhed

Level III Supporter

perhaps it'll blend in better on models where that "eyebrow" isn't chrome? i just think the current models hood/headlight/front clip integration looks cleaner.

somber and UN4GTBL like this.
  4. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

The current gen looks so dated beside the new ram which is good, lower bumper does seem a little busy but overall nice direction and certain angles definitely work better

5. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Funny, I was just thinking that, any day of logging in and I will see a new DT truck or JL Wrangler... Well today is the day.

First thought... WOW!!! I am not sure about this but as the picture has been scrolled several times I am really liking it.

Can't wait to see it in real life...

Wil

6. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

My sales floor all hate it lmao.

I like it, but it ain't big rig any more. Wind-tunnel testing has made "big-rig" impossible. I know the interior will push it ahead of competitors, but it looks very me-too...

freshforged, somber, redhed and 3 others like this.
  7. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Are the green bungee cords optional?

Front on, it loses some of the big rig look, but I think that's because you lose some depth perception. I'm betting a 3/4 front will look real nice. The chrome uni-brow is... uh, not for me.o_O It appears there may be a bit better sight line to the front with the nose dipped a little bit. Overall, I give it a preliminary 8 out 10. Following up the current Ram is a pretty tough act.

8. mopar22

I'm gonna have to politely disagree. This actually keeps the big rig look but in a different way. You're used to that look in the grill but this has in the the bumper adn the lights. After looking at it more if has a better big rig look

dsooby likes this.
  9. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, not a fan. The emblems on the hood look tacky and it's lost uniqueness up front. To me a lower, rounded grilled GMC with a Durango mixed in.

10. IronMike3406

IronMike3406 Well-Known Member

That is what Ram is all about either you love it or you hate it...... It has been that way since the 1994 MY was introduced and with each and every year Ram has steadily improved upon the looks as well as the creature comforts even though the Daimler years set us back a few with the cost cutting on the interiors but I am thoroughly impressed with the DT can't wait to see in Sport Trim and even the higher trim levels should be a awesome Truck and hit for FCA

11. Ramburger

Ramburger Active Member

Anyone that says it still has the "big rig" styling needs to go look at some big rigs. Holding out hope that other models look better, because if they are on par with this one... I think Ram will have trouble standing out of the pack. I've owned mopar since I could drive, and I buy a new Ram about every 4 years or so, its not happening in 2018. I guess there's always the JT to fall back on in 2020.

12. Charger

Level III Supporter

Sorry if this has been mentioned. But do the lights look different in these two shots?

Attached Files:

13. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

Different trim levels have different lights. One is a conventional halogen housing, the second are full led projectors.

GasAxe and UN4GTBL like this.
  14. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Interesting so far...and then to see the rest after fully revealed. But geez, thank God FCA employees don't work at Area 51... all our secrets would be out in the open! :D

jwp44, Mallard, UN4GTBL and 4 others like this.
  15. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

@redriderbob, so the top is a Laramie and the bottom is a Laramie Longhorn?

I can’t really go any higher than a Laramie with my budget. I REALLY hope I can get the bottom grill and headlights on a Laramie. Not a big fan of the top picture.

16. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Before i form an opinion i have to ask, is this the good angle or ... ?

17. Mark Powers

Mark Powers Active Member

D.T = Durango Truck (I Love Durango's)

I wont say I like it, and wont say I dont..Have to see all models and then in person/better pictures..Sometimes,when I LOVE a new vehicle I see in these leaked photo's, I say it right away...

I don't like the plastic around the rear chrome bumper,looks cheap and hard to clean ..Always need a product to keep the black trim shiny and not faded..Oh well,thats my 2 cents..I Love chrome on trucks too..

So to summarize my comment,I hate some parts of it and like other parts..So maybe split decision..

***I can see myself liking this truck the more I look at it,the more I like it lol..So ignore above negative comments ! Except the black around the chrome bumpers lol..

**Glad to see its a HEMI !!! So that fact erases the negative black trim around chrome bumpers...

*OK I am confused !!!???

ScramFan and UN4GTBL like this.
  18. mopar22

Styling is subjective. You can still have a big rig look but in different ways. The traditional big rig look is in the grill, which is not how it is in this truck

19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

No, Laramie Limited and Laramie Longhorn are above Laramie.

Unless you mean the pictures of DT and DS together I put up. DT = Laramie, DS = Laramie Limited.

20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

The Allpar exclusive has the optional LED headlights on top level trims, the spy shots are the standard headlamps.

Charger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.