Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

1. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

"allow" is relative. If you have the parts, you can do it. It's like the 300 & Magnum. They just swap. I'm just curious if that'll happen with DT & Grand/Wagoneer.

Cody's Car Conundrum likes this.
  2. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Yeah, "allow" is the wrong word. I got confused, I thought you were talking about a Gladiator front clip on a Ram 1500 (not the Grand/Wagoneer).

Confusion aside, I think something like that would probably be a SEMA concept first. Just to gauge interest for such a kit.

suzq044 likes this.
  3. DannyL

DannyL Member

DarkSky likes this.
  4. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

5. DannyL

DannyL Member

Thank you. I apologize if this is the wrong thread for the link but I visit daily for information on this truck knowing I'll be buying one and really think FCA is going to hit a home run with it. My title on my 2013 Big Horn is all ready to go for the trade in.

somber, UN4GTBL and DarkSky like this.
  6. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

No worries, this is the perfect thread for that link. What trim level are you getting?

7. DannyL

DannyL Member

Thanks. I've really been pleased with the Big Horn trim, but will transition from a quad to a crew. My 2010 in Mango Tango and 2013 in Max Steel are shown below if I did the upload correct

Attached Files:

UN4GTBL likes this.
  8. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Those are nice trucks! Maximum Steel has always been one of my favorite colors. Keep us posted when you order your DT.

9. hotmach

Level 2 Supporter

View attachment 11591
    For all the snout haters.
    It's a current Limited grill with the nostrils squashed.

suzq044, UN4GTBL, DannyL and 2 others like this.
  10. Don W

Don W Active Member

Welcome. I'm a bit new here too but I've gone through the threads and the midesign looks like it's going to be huge. From what I remember... 6.4 in the 1500, an upgraded performance truck, and a bunch of other stuff. But, there's also been rumors that the HEMI will end in 2021 (?). For me, if the 2019 has a solid updated HEMI then I'd get it. Also, the interior will be a grand slam and the exterior looks great for the '19 model year already. Just some thought.

DannyL likes this.
  11. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Wait until you see the truck fully unveiled. You’ll be happy. DT is a gorgeous truck

somber, danbek, djsamuel and 4 others like this.
  12. DannyL

DannyL Member

Thanks Don. I've never really researched a truck like I have this one before. My old approach was get one and trade in for a new one every three years. I will say, as a novice, that I'm learning that the spy shots and speculation are intriguing. Honestly, I find the commentary from the experienced members extremely helpful and better than the tidbit articles out there on the web. With that being said, and maybe this is a repetitive question, but by upgraded HEMI, do you mean the 5.7 Apache receiving one last upgrade or the 6.4 392 replacing it as a luxury engine option eventually? Thanks!

13. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Everybody is speculating that 5.7L will be bumped over 400hp for DT.

Nothing has been confirmed, officially, regarding 6.4L in DT.

14. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

They need to fix the Cam/Lifter problem on these Hemis and publicly announce what they've changed to keep a lot of previous Ram owners happy. Lifters seizing and eating cams is becoming increasingly common and people are starting to take notice...

15. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Nobody has figured out Why? I have a 2015 and figured the hemi would be the least of my worries.

16. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

Pretty sure it's poor quality lifters. Other speculation has been wrong hardness on the camshaft/lifters, or poor top end oiling. Nobody knows for sure whats going on but on one of the Ram sites theres a huge thread going on about it with someone keeping track of failures by year.

This is my 2016, been doing it since it's had 900kms on it.
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7q-0AlTKyQ

wtxiceman likes this.
  17. DannyL

DannyL Member

Assuming you mean the infamous HEMI tick? I will admit that I never experienced this with my '10 or '13. My miles were 55k and 47k on the current truck. I will say it's a very solid engine, but I definitely will agree with you in that I've heard the same commentary from others. I can say that I got the refreshed 2013 with the zf torqueflite8 and the 3.21 rear end and I was very nervous at the time but it turned out to be a great setup. My 2013 is leaps and bounds over my 2010, and I am confident the 2019 will be even better.

18. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Active Member

Would high zinc oil help. I have been doing that ever since i rolled a cam lobe in my summer toy car.

19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Wait to see the shots of DT coming... such a sweet looking truck in person. It really dates the current DS models. The more I see it in person especially with less and less camo... the better it looks over DS.

somber, Devildodge and danbek like this.
  20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

The sheet metal is a lot more broader. It looks like a football linebacker compared to DS' sleek styling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

suzq044 and Don W like this.