Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

I read some articles on the web concerning this. Doesn't seem to be many out right failures, but none the less it's an issue. My question is this. Hemis have been in production since what 2003? Have all years suffered from this?

2. srtdrew

srtdrew Active Member

How do I get my 2015 "fixed" is the real question?

wtxiceman likes this.
  3. TrueNorthTint

TrueNorthTint Active Member

Trade it in and let someone else deal with it ;)

ramajama and UN4GTBL like this.
  4. Don W

Don W Active Member

Yup when I'm finished with my half ton a lucky person will get an angular scratch caused by the windshield wiper and a small pebble. They won't notice it too because it's on the passenger side out of the drivers view. But it will still be there. :)

5. redhed

Level III Supporter

what was the fix? btw, a bit off topic but is the 6.4l car motor affected by the same issue?

dsooby likes this.
  6. scott cornett

scott cornett Well-Known Member

IMG_2190.jpg IMG_2191.jpg IMG_2192.jpg IMG_2193.jpg I definitely prefer the looks of the new RAM over the new Silverado.

Devildodge and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. hotmach

Level 2 Supporter

Is it me or does Chevy keep redoing this truck without improving anything ?

danbek, Devildodge, djsamuel and 3 others like this.
  8. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Why should they improve? Die hard brand loyalists are gonna buy, regardless of better options on the market.

For the record, I believe GM, FoMoCo, and FCA have brand loyalists that will continue to purchase those vehicles, independent of other/better options.

It’s the ones that aren’t tied to a brand that the OEMs need to try to capture. In which case, I believe Ram will offer a vehicle that surpasses the GM and Ford offerings.

However, my response is trending away from discussion of the DT, so I will self-moderate

9. hotmach

Level 2 Supporter

What about exhaust manifolds. All my Rams have had them done early in warranty. Then dealer won't do it properly and i end up doing them again at 150 000 km. My 2500 goes in again this Friday.

10. hotmach

Level 2 Supporter

I'm happy to hear your enthusiasm for your product. Your personal investment in your work is evident and has me optimistic.

Your right about loyalists. I struggle with where i fall on the loyalty spectrum and what i am willing to sacrifice to drive FCA.

The Hemi talk here i believe to be true. It needs a power boost and some quality attention.

Thx again.

GMtoMoparConvert and Jared26 like this.
  11. Don W

Don W Active Member

Does anybody notice that every single spy shot of the Silverado/Sierra there's a tonneau cover? Wonder what they could be hiding? There's talk of a "revolutionary bed." Can't wait for the chevy commercial guy aka the most hated guy on television to talk about this w/ his stupid clipboard.

ScramFan and UN4GTBL like this.
  12. thebluegoat

thebluegoat Active Member

Rumor out today was high end trucks from GM would be using carbon fiber

13. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

I agree with @hotmach

Your enthusiasm and passion towards DT are really giving me hope for it, I hope the rest of the team shares your passion for the truck.

I also agree about the loyalists, which I find funny. Personally I want the best product that offers me the most value for my money, the way I see it is none of these companies have ever done anything for me, nor do they know who I am or care so why should I blindly be loyal.

I can understand being a loyalist if someone works/worked for or had parents work for an auto company that was putting food on the table, but it not being brand loyal makes no sense to me.

14. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

That seems like not such a great idea. When carbon fiber gets even a hairline crack it's just waiting to finish splitting

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Devildodge, scott cornett and UN4GTBL like this.
  16. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

I’ve been saying for awhile that more use of composts are the way to go. Looks like someone gets it. Even if it’s GM...

17. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

To an extent sure.. but I’ve seen many brand loyalists turn. Hell I was a MILITANT Furd man for 20+ years they finally did enough things I didn’t like to cause me to jump ship in 2010. Been with RAM since. If they screw up their trucks I won’t hesitate to jump again, I just hope they don’t.

18. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

@ramajama You have no worries... wait till you see the article tomorrow on Allpar about DT.

danbek, wtxiceman, wilbur and 6 others like this.
  19. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

Will the article have be focused on one particular thing (interior, powertrain, exterior, etc.), or will it be a general article that covers a multitude of things?

20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

upload_2017-12-6_22-40-47.png

A tease