Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

1. thebluegoat

thebluegoat Active Member

2. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

3. GMtoMoparConvert

Just wondering... Is there ANY chance that this gets revealed before the Detroit Auto Show like the Wrangler? Getting a little impatient. lol

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

No.

5. GMtoMoparConvert

This is a little off topic, and I apologize, but do any of you know the major website/forums equivalent to Allpar for GMC and Chevrolet? I'd like to creep around on theirs just to see what they are saying about their trucks and to see if they have any exclusive pictures.

Cody's Car Conundrum likes this.
  6. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Oh I’m not real worried about the DT. I’m already pretty confident in it. They started with a great formula with the DS and they just stayed with it and made it better. If they continued that formula with the DT, they are golden. I’m just talking down the road.

7. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Oh I’m not real worried about the DT. I’m already pretty confident in it. They started with a great formula with the DS and they just stayed with it and made it better. If they continued that formula with the DT, they are golden. I’m just talking down the road.

8. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Geez... composites not composts...lol!!!

danbek, djsamuel and redhed like this.
  9. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

I can't tell you how big of a flashback this gave me. Back before I made a forum account I saw this post (the post below).
    Found the site links too.

(Ford): Blue Oval Forums, Ford Forum, Ford Owners (at http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/ )

(Chevy): Welcome - GM Inside News (at http://www.gminsidenews.com/ )

GMtoMoparConvert likes this.
  10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

11. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

Looking at it from the side view, the front now resembles the look of the hd trucks with it's more bulbous hood. RB, is it looking like they're only going to use one front end this time around on all trucks?

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

There will be some really high res pictures up today of Ram 1500 (DT)... but here some footage of DT in action...

danbek, randy1911 and ramajama like this.
  13. ramajama

ramajama Active Member

Still going to be the best looking truck on the road.

danbek and wilbur like this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Yes. I think the haters will be shocked how good this thing looks.

#1035 redriderbob, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:53 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 9:05 AM
  15. crouchta

crouchta Well-Known Member

Hey! That thing looks like a Ram! How did that happen?

16. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

I'm now on my 7th Dodge, and will probably be buying my first Chrysler next year. You could say that CJDR has won my business with reliability and styling, and with models/features/performance that matter to me. This doesn't mean that they have my business "in the bag". If my next couple of vehicles are unreliable, I would begin looking elsewhere. Or if they don't offer what I want (I'm a no SUV/CUV kind of guy - I like sedans, minivans, and pickups), they could lose my business.

I think probably the Ford, GM, or RAM "loyalists" are like me. They don't want to jump to another brand so long as the brand they're comfortable with is meeting their needs. Probably to win Ford or GM truck buyers over to RAM, you need to wait for them to be let down, and then be ready with a strong and reliable alternative when they decide to give RAM a try.

wtxiceman likes this.
  17. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

The article is up...

See the clear, sharp 2019 Ram video; no crosshairs? (at https://www.allpar.com/news/2017/12/see-the-clear-sharp-2019-ram-video-no-crosshairs-39066 )

[​IMG]

Now I can actually show you details of the front end styling. This is probably the best look of the new grille design, which happens to be reminiscent of the "crosshair" grille from the past. Remember when I talked about the "ram horns" across the grille. The dip in the middle reaches all the way down to the bottom through the grille pattern. Where the crosshair "crossbars" would be is a new design leading into the "RAM" text. We can also see a camera for the 360-degree camera tucked under the "A" in Ram. The head lights have a LED running lamp on the standard headlight, which is thin on the top part and thick on the bottom. Just above the LED running light on the bottom is the amber LED turn lights. Also if you look at the front LED fog lights, you will another 360-degree camera to the side of it, but there is a parking sensor. This sensor is mounted sideways for what looks like to be like the F-150s for side scanning for self parking.

danbek, GasAxe, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  18. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Am I correct in assuming that the tail light "bulge" is a sensor housing like you'd find in the F-150 and JL?

suzq044 likes this.
  19. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Maybe it will be lined with flubber so things will just bounce higher and higher until they fly out. This would explain the cover as it would be needed to hold things in. Flubber is great for preventing any kind of bed damage whether it be cement blocks or a toolbox, but you need to set things down ever so carefully to prevent bounce out! :p:D

ScramFan, UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.