Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

1. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

It's like a sports team - what have they ever done for any individual fan - nothing, yet a vast majority of people have favorite sport teams to which they are very loyal. It's an evolutionary thing. Human ancestors who displayed a loyalty in community survived at a higher rate than those who didn't and over millions of years tribalism became ubiquitous. Unfortunately, this tribalism is also at the root of so much of the conflict in the world today.

2. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

So that would be one sh**tty bed. Unless you meant composites instead of compost! :D:p

ramajama likes this.
  3. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Thanks! Finally the angle that shows visibly what I have been trying to describe as the modern interpretation of the older double band cross-hair. :)

danbek likes this.
  4. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

LMAO See my previous posts on exactly this phenomenon...

danbek, UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Correct. The white curvy part of the lens, houses the red and amber LEDs for brakes and turn signals. The narrow vertical white piece is the reverse light. One thing that surprised me was the fact that DT has what looks like the rubber trim on the roof to cover the welds of the sides and roof. I was hoping it would be similar to the 2011 to Present Charger with laser welds so it wouldn't need that. But oh well.

You can so see from this angle how the camo is doing its best to hide the broader bulged fenders on the box as well.

6. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

I see what you guys are saying. I've always been a "Ford guy" but have always bought other brands if I feel that I'm getting a superior product/more value for my money somewhere else. This "Ford guy" has owned 7 Chrysler products as well (95 neon, 95 Intepid ES, 01 Grand Cherokee limited, 99 300m, 03 300m Special, 05 Grand Cherokee limited and my 2016 Ram), unfortunately the last 2 have been rife with quality issues. Ford didn't give me a reason not to buy an F150 other than the fact that I felt Ram gave me more reasons to buy their truck, (higher quality interior materials, better ride, better looks, nicer interior design and 8k cheaper than a comparably equipped F150.)

Gm has lost my business for life with the garbage that I've owned from them.

I guess what I'm saying is it's ok to admit faults with your "home team" and point them out in the hopes that it helps make them better and being ignorant of what else is available doesn't automatically make your own home team better, which is why nobody has my business in the bag, but there's also things they can do to ensure they never see my business either.

DT is looking great in that video in the new article though, it's really grown on me, just by seeing it in video you can tell the pictures don't do it justice.

#1046 Jared26, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    GasAxe and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

upload_2017-12-7_11-3-17.png

Another thing that impressed me were the new mirrors, which still have convex mirrors in them but blind spot detection too.

upload_2017-12-7_11-4-25.png

Here is the new door handle design as well.

8. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

That does look nice, if you had to guess what trim are we looking at here? Bighorn? Also are those the non tow mirrors with a convex mirror? That would be a nice addition even with the blind spot monitoring.

9. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

WOW! This is definitely growing on me.

Glad to see standard (?) LED running lights up front that will give it a unique look.

If that's "just" a BigHorn, I'm impressed!

danbek and Jared26 like this.
  10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

IMG_0078.2.jpg

Here is another angle... unlike the uncamo'd spy shot before where it was a really bad angle of DT from up on a hill. You can clearly see that DT retains it's "big rig" styling for the 2019 model year.

[​IMG]

danbek, UN4GTBL and Jared26 like this.
  11. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

Yeah it looks way better from these new angles, you guys were right about the looks.

12. Jared26

Jared26 Active Member

I guessed Big Horn because I imagine anything above would have the LED lights as all trims above bighorn have the projectors now but I could be way off.

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

IMG_0053.3.jpg

There is the kink in the rear window that was teased on the Ram Rebel TRX as well...

[​IMG]

ramajama and UN4GTBL like this.
  14. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

I noticed the new pic doesn't have badges on the side of the hood. Will there be trim packages that way?

15. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

Damn, thats a good looking truck. Can't wait!

16. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

They are covered by vinyl... They are still there.

IMG_0059.2.jpg

UN4GTBL likes this.
  17. LordHobbit

LordHobbit Active Member

[​IMG]

You can see the RAM under the tape in this image. It is of the correct size in my opinion.

What a great looking truck!

18. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Looking good!:) It's interesting how the DS grill and headlight area is resembling the current Durango, while the Durango is moving toward the current SRT style. The new styling will keep Dodge and Ram separate, but still reminiscent of each other. The rams horns embedded in the design is so subtle, I doubt the vast majority will ever make the visual connection.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. GMtoMoparConvert

GMtoMoparConvert Active Member

This is a little off topic, and I apologize, but do any of you know the major website/forums equivalent to Allpar for GMC and Chevrolet? I'd like to creep around on theirs just to see what they are saying about their trucks and to see if they have any exclusive pictures.

You're the man!

Cody's Car Conundrum likes this.
  20. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Man, if y'all are excited about the truck now...

Just wait until January...

ScramFan, wtxiceman, UN4GTBL and 5 others like this.