Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peek inside the 2019 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Sep 28, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Told ya.

2. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Hate to say I told you so... lol

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

upload_2017-12-7_13-52-33.png

There is another closer look at the front view 360-degree camera under the RAM text.

upload_2017-12-7_13-53-56.png

Look at the lower step bumper.

danbek, UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  4. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Does Ram have a countdown on their website like Dodge did for the Demon?

I was hoping for some trivia like we got for Demon.

Seriously, Ram is ding a fine job and my excitement for the 2500 grows.

The best thing Ram did is different looks between 1500 and 2500, you don't have to look for lugnuts, they are immediately different and I love that.

They have also done it with the grille in the rebel and powerwagon the "Off road" trucks. The Adult Toys by Ram as I like to call them...

I hope this continues also.

ramajama likes this.
  5. MoparGuy413

New 2500 is still a little ways away.

6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

No, Ram doesn't. The 2019 Ram HD models will get a minor teak for the 2019 and 2020 model year. 2021 Ram will introduce a new HD.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

Since this new front is more bulbous in front then the current DS. Will the heavy duty trucks share their front ends with the 1500? Or will they have their own front like they do now?

8. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

They probably will modify the grille, as a minor refresh might do to keep them looking current. They're primarily purchased as work trucks, not always purchased for their looks, so I'd guess they'd stay much the same, at least visually. It also will help differentiate the 2500+ trucks from the 1500s.

9. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

Just a fair warning...those sites are fine, and probably the closest you'll get, but they are no comparison to Allpar.

10. thebluegoat

thebluegoat Active Member

One thing I also find disappointing is the third brake light still being an incandescent bulb, at least on the one shown on the video. Let's get with the times and make it all LED

UN4GTBL and Adventurer55 like this.
  11. thesaint

thesaint Member

2021? That seems like a long ways away. I wanted to trade in my 2016 3500 for the new model, but 2021 is too far away. Will ram still offer a manual transmission in the HD for 2019?

12. hotmach

Level 2 Supporter

Well it seems a lot of you are really happy with the new styling, i'm finding it kinda non eventful. DS needed refreshing, it was getting old. Basically i'm seeing a freshing/sharpening of the DS lines, nothing new other than a trim piece over the lights. Its a very safe design, though will likely do well. I hope it goes far enough to stay relevant for some years, its likely a long while till the next do over.
    Was Cherokee the last true new design ?

13. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Renegade, Pacifica, Compass.

14. hotmach

Level 2 Supporter

I guess. I saw Renegade as a cute Wrangler, and Compass as a baby G Cherokee. Don't really feel they are offering any great new design element. Pacifica i forgot about.

I'm feeling uneasy, wondering if the design tank is empty. Its definitely not the company of old, concepts galore and game changers.
    Even the JL is really really really true to its predecessor.

15. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The Renegade and Compass may have family resemblance, but they are all new designs.

[​IMG]

The Renegade only really shares a similar grille/headlight and tail light design with the Wrangler, the rest is totally different.

[​IMG]

The is similar in that it shares a similar headlight and tail light shape with the Grand Cherokee. The chrome strip around the roofline along with the black roof and and unique D-pillar design are all new. The actual lighting signatures inside of the headlights and tail lights are also unique. These design touches will likely spread to the rest of the Jeep lineup when the new models arrive, starting with the Cherokee next month.

[​IMG]

The Portal is one of the most radical concepts I've seen recently and it happens to be from Chrysler. And a preview of a production model at that, as well as a glimpse at Chrysler's new design language. The Yuntu concept is also a good preview of where Jeep is likely going.

I think the difference between FCA's strategy now and what the prior owners did is that the concepts just aren't being released to the public. There are leaked sketches we've seen, but they are keeping the new designs secretive. Probably to avoid being copied by other brands. Just because you don't see new designs doesn't mean they aren't there.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  16. MoparGuy413

Can’t really go crazy on any Wrangler design, though. Wrangler fans would collectively lose it.

17. srm3500

srm3500 Well-Known Member

Man, that's just mean without more info.:p:D

18. serpens

serpens Active Member

Meh. I'll wait to fully judge until I see it in person. Still blander than I'd like but definitely handsome (so my opinion hasn't changed).

19. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

Only time will tell whether playing it safe with DT is the correct move. While it will be up to date, tech and truck wise, it isn't ground breaking. It's very hard to one up a legend. Redesign of the upcoming Challenger should really be interesting to watch unfold.

ramajama likes this.
  20. MoparGuy413

A little over a month away until unveil

GMtoMoparConvert likes this.