Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography & Renderings

Discussion in 'Photo and Video Lab' started by NWbyNW, Jan 2, 2016.

1. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

NWbyNW's Photography & Renderings

Welcome to my photography and renderings page. I plan to share my renderings and Mopar related photography here with you guys. If you have any questions or comments, let me know! Look forward to sharing with you and getting to know you all.

james.mooney. and hemirunner426 like this.
  2. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

The first one I want to share was this photoshopped Dodge Dart in a fictional police package trim. Thanks for viewing.

[​IMG]

3. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Some of you probably saw my rendering on Allpar's, "Five Missing Mopar's of 2015" list. It was my first rendering for Allpar and hopefully the first of many to come. Here it is below. It was going to be called the Barricuda, but I called it the Avenger on the poster itself. Either way, I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

[​IMG]

4. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

Looks pretty cool but for us old timers it needs a landau roof with port hole, wood grain on the sides, wire wheel hubcaps with whitewall tires and velour interior!:D:D:D:D

5. eigib56

eigib56 Well-Known Member

Nice rendering. Very nice, particularly on the Avenger concept. What did you start with? I've submitted a couple and I've found that sometimes folks can be pretty brutal in critiquing other folks' work. Often, it seems that those who can't do a thing are always the first, and loudest, to criticize those who can.

6. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

I am certainly no pro at designing stuff, and mainly do it just for fun. I can't render like the pro's can, but as long as someone can get something out of them, I am happy. I don't design them the necessarily be pretty, but for being practical or to prove a point. I totally understand what you are saying about those who criticize too. I am totally ready for feedback. These are meant for fun mainly.

I started with the new Alfa Guila and the Charger Hellcat. I widened the car, and added Dodge touches all around, then slapped together a background using pictures I have taken with a camera.

Thank you! I love the classics.

7. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

I would love to see what you could do with a 2 door K car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

I secretly like the old K-cars. Boxy isn't square if you ask me. ;)

floridaman2013 likes this.
  9. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Alright, the latest renderings are out just in time for the 2016 Detroit Auto Show! Check out two versions of a Ram Dakota I have created using the dated, but capable Journey Chassis. Below them is my personal favorite, the Jeep Comanche concept! With Jeep now confirming a Jeep Wrangler pickup on the way by 2018, wouldn't it be neat to see a Comanche offering as well?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

james.mooney. likes this.
  10. eigib56

eigib56 Well-Known Member

Well, my hat's off to you! I usually start from scratch with my designs (I'm a graphic designer by trade, but fiddle with designing cars for fun). You're apparently a lot more proficient at photo manipulation software than I am. For me, I find it easier to begin with a clean sheet and design from the ground up using my illustration software. Keep posting. I'll always be an appreciative audience.

11. ShowBizWolf

ShowBizWolf New Member

This is very cool... I love threads like this. I too am appreciative..! I graduated almost 6 years ago and got my art degree... I'm not using it lol but I certainly enjoy seeing what other people design and come up with :)

12. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

Definitely an Avenger, and certainly an improvement. You might consider using a Challenger for a Barracuda rendering.

Also, good ideas with the Dakota and Comanche. I though Mopar should have kept the Comanche, but falsely considered it competition with the Dakota. It was actually competition with the D50, which was a rebadged Mitsubishi. Both were abandoned at around the same time, leaving Mopar without a small truck to compete against the Rangers and S-10s (the Dakota was properly considered mid-sized). The Comanche never came in a 4-door model; I don't think it was offered in an extended cab, either. What you're presenting looks more akin to the Explorer Sport Trak, which is a versatile vehicle.

13. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

I really appreciate all your comments. Thank you everyone. You had some great comments to add.

I too would love to see the Comanche come back.

14. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

In celebration of Jeep's 75 years, and sticking with the small pickup craze, this latest rendering is a small Jeep pickup based off the Patriot chassis. It stills keeps the Jeep look, and avoids the newer Jeep style in the Grand Cherokee and Cherokee. This truck doesn't try to be midsize, but it is a capable, small pickup nonetheless. Sometimes you don't need more. Think of this along the size limits of a 90s to early 2000s Ford Ranger.

[​IMG]

Click the image for full sized.

james.mooney. likes this.
  15. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

Great idea of keeping the rear doors so you can climb into the bed to get something or do something;)

16. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Oh darn it! I don't know how I didn't notice that. I will have to fix that.

17. peterjon1

peterjon1 Well-Known Member

I know it was an error, but really, how many times would it be great to have an access panel of some sort to reach items that are forward in the bed? Designers, are you listening?

18. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

Not good ar all....vyou just folded the bed in half.

19. peterjon1

On a unibody for sure, but couldn't it work with a body on frame? It wouldn't be cheap, but would it be possible?

20. peterjon1

Or even something like the golf bag door from the '30's?