Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piece of plastic chrome stripping

Discussion in 'EEK!FAQ' started by Jim L, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Jim L

Jim L Member

I wanted to replace the chrome strip just forward of the chrome strip on the bumper on the drivers side. It's a 91 new yorker fifth ave. Landau... cloth top. But I don't know what it's called in able to find it. Can anyone help? Is there a body man out there?

Thank you

Jim

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The 1991 passenger car parts catalog is here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD2/82-96PassCar/91p.PDF
    The NY 5th Ave is the AC/AY-body. I am sure that trim pieces like this are long discontinued and it being a 'crash part' may make it difficult to find. NOS (new old stock) and used may be the answer.
    Chapter 13 is the Frames & Bumpers chapter. Is it shown in figure 13-1900?
    See chapter23 (Body) and figs. 23-2000 through 23-2200 for body mouldings and ornamentation. See if it is shown here.
    The Mopar part #'s may help you Google for leads. Let me know if you see it pictured and where. I will help you find sources if I can.

3. Jim L

Jim L Member

Wow appreciate your help I found it on page 698 of the parts book you sent me. Number 38......I don't know if that's the right one though because it's on the right and mine is on the left. The part number for the one shown is 4494 758-9. I don't know if it's reversible or not. Thanks for your help. I Googled the number but didn't come up with anything.

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

The part numbers are 4494758 and 4494759. When they are listed like 4494 758-9 the even number is the right (passenger) side part and the odd number is the left (driver) side part. So you want to search for 4494759 for the piece for the driver's side.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  5. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter