Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic headliner?

Discussion in 'L: Horizon/Omni, Rampage, etc' started by 88horizon5speed, Dec 5, 2015.

1. 88horizon5speed

Does anyone have an idea of where I can find a plastic replacement headliner, maybe with a spot for two rear speakers? Obviously since the horizon and omni aren't popular there isn't many after market parts being produced. Mine is half falling off and I'm trying to think of what to do. I like the idea of plastic replacement but doesn't seem feasible

Thanks

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The fabric is separating from the cardboard? You may want to just pull it all down and leave it at that. The adhesive foam has dry-rotted and repairs don't usually hold.
    I cut holes and fitted 2-15" speakers in the rear shelf above the trunk on mine. You will have to run speaker wires under the carpet to the trunk.

3. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

I've had several recovered at upholstery shops over the years.

One guy sprayed his cardboard base with spray on rubberized rock guard, the kind that hardens, not gooey.

If removing the headliner board, and interested in stiffening the body structure, there are spots for two additional roof braces. I get extras from junk cars and add them to mine, it makes a huge difference.

Adding some padding between the roof and headliner also makes a huge difference.

Thanks
    Randy

floridaman2013 likes this.
  4. 88horizon5speed

thanks for your inputs, so you dont know of a simple screw on plastic one?

An example would be

https://www.google.com/search?q=pla...UICCgC&biw=1366&bih=643#imgrc=NuDLstmbfUNYiM:

To be honest im not really a fan of cutting holes for speakers in the back hatch pricacy guard and not really a fan of the bedliner as a headliner. If anything I would either have a new upholstered one put in or take the cardboard taken out and paint the metal red

5. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use "bed liner" either and have only added speakers in the rear doors.

Thanks
    Randy