Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE READ: NASCAR Mopar M1 Hemi Engine

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by Mike V., May 30, 2017.

1. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I still keep an eye on K&N West (the old Winston West series), more out of habit than anything else. I'll certainly post anything happening that is Mopar related on this board. Right now there are 0 Mopars racing in that series.

Mike V. likes this.
  2. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Absolutely, if you see something let us know. I honestly do not think we will see anything happen quickly. I think NASCAR will watch how this season goes in Canada and move forward from there. That my opinion based on the info I have. Unfortunately, Mopar is at their mercy.

The other "street" crate engines will start to debut in the weeks ahead.

Mike

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Yes, that would make sense to me, they may also be listening harder to GM which is an active participant in their current major cup programs...

4. tomit

Ad-Free Member

On Velocity channel, Graveyard Carz is installing a 392 hemi crate engine in an early Challenger for Mopar. It may have already appeared at SEMA. Anyway, the big deal was a new Mopar wiring harness that simplifies the installation. Interesting show.

Dave Z and Clinton H Davis like this.
  5. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Yes, this kit debuted at SEMA. Arrow is involved in that kit. It has limitations that are addressed by Arrows own soon to debut crate engines.

Mike

6. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Nothing new there. Nascar has been "listening" to GM since 1972 when they handicapped and then banned the Mopar and Ford Hemis as the price to get "Brand C" back into Cup competition. That and other pro-GM rules changes and special breaks (such as allowing the GM "aero coupes" to race after Nascar had banned all aero-enhanced cars like the winged Mopars) has essentially made it "Chevcar" since 1972. The Nascar heirarchy is also infiltrated with several ex-GM executives.

All that being said, Mopar established a pretty formidable performance legacy for itself by running up an impressive win record against that Pro-GM stacked deck that is Nascar racing.

My guess is that with it's struggle to maintain it's fans these days, Nascar might for once be willing to make a few concessions to Dodge just to get them and their fans back into the top levels of Nascar racing.

7. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Actually, I don't find that encouraging. The Canadian series is dominated by Mopars - something that Nascar does not like to see. Mopars competing in K&N, Whelen, and the CWTS series, which are dominated by "Brand C" (with Toyota closing in), would be a much better test.

MPE426HEMI and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  8. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

Unfortunately, it is what it is.

Mike

9. Mopar Jerry

Level III Supporter

Good morning. As BTB said Pinty"s series is dominated by Dodges but most are running the Yates spec engine (for now) so NASCAR may be a little more relaxed about that since they are chev engines. MOPAR Always!

Volunteer and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  10. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Any updates? No Mopars in K&N West and the series is about finished for this year. Anybody seen any M-1 powered cars in any other series? From what I've been reading, Pinty's hasn't gone too well for Mopar this year. A Ford has won most of the races and a Ford driver is leading in the points.

Volunteer likes this.
  11. Firecatman

Firecatman Member

And regarding the Pinty's Series when they were in Wetaskiwin for the race only Andrew Ranger's car (which they had a back-up driver in) was running the new engine, DJ was still running the old one and most everyone else was running spec engines.

Beentherebefore likes this.
  12. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

This is correct, but not the whole story.

Mopar and Arrow are doing a slow roll out of the engine due to parity comparisons with NASCAR.

It is expected many of these engines to be under hoods of Challenger stock cars next season.

Mike

Dodgeguy1961 likes this.
  13. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Any series "south of the border"?

To be determined...

Mike

#53 Beentherebefore, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2017
  14. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Technically Pinty is now south of the border since they're doing one race in america