NewsDemon chillin’ the intercooler • This really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plymonth Arrow questions.

Discussion in 'Outside North America' started by bbyeater, May 31, 2011.

1. bbyeater

bbyeater Guest

I am hoping to find out more information a certain car, the Plymouth Arrow. My mother use to own one and I would like to find one again, it seems like you can't find these things anymore. Are these things are to find? Hers was the 79 GT model. Is there production numbers available?
    [​IMG]

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

None around here in western NY. The salt ate them long ago. Based on the Colt, they used to be quite popular. Our dealership sponsored one guy that raced a 2.6L FireArrow. A friend had an Arrow pickup truck (the Plymouth version of the Dodge D-50).
    You might google for clubs or Arrows for sale in the salt-free states.

3. KCT

KCT Member

I onced owned a 78 GS 2.0L Arrow - different vinyl stripping and round headlights compared to the image posted above. It was junked due to massive corrosion on the driverside floor - big hole you could put both feet through. A good little car if the rust issue could be kept at a minimum - liked the durability of the Mits engine. I haven't seen one for years. As ImperialCrown mention, you'll probably find one in the western sun belt regions. Good luck on your search and let us know how you make it on find one.

4. chuzz

chuzz Active Member

There was one for sale about a year ago about 30 miles east of me. I never saw anyone ever stop and look at it, but, I don't know if it ever sold or not. I'm pretty sure it had a repaint on it, because it was a bright, UT, orange. Could be why it didn't sell! If I ever see it out again for sale, I'll stop and look at it and grab some pics.

5. Curtis Redgap

Curtis Redgap Chyrsler Historical Buff!! Level 2 Supporter

Great little cars. I had three of them. Last was an '80 2.6 litre Fire-Arrow. Hot little number. Arrows are Harder to find now than frog hairs.

6. thedriver

thedriver Member

7. chuzz

chuzz Active Member

I was at a used book store yesterday and found a Haynes manual on them for $2.00. I didn't buy it however, because I have no need for it.

8. newbi

newbi New Member

I just bought myself a 1979 Plymouth Arrow GS 2.6L, five speed. She's in great shape, I'm fixing her up. Not planning on selling, just thought I'd let you know they are out there... just have to loo.

9. Curtis Redgap

Curtis Redgap Chyrsler Historical Buff!! Level 2 Supporter

Nice sounding car. Wish you the best with it. Don't part with it either. Wish I still had mine!