AF: Pro master city pickup | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro master city pickup

Discussion in 'Vans' started by voiceofstl, Jan 26, 2015.

1. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

I thought "DoKa", when translated to english meant "double cab" (what we call a "crew cab" that had 4 doors)? I know that translation works for the fire department issued Unimogs from Germany and Sweden that were imported to the US.

2. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

3. keithwwalker

keithwwalker Active Member

Most VW Transporter Doka's, including mine, have only 3 doors, one on the driver side only. And yes, Doka is a generic term for 'crew cab'.
    I got mine as I don't tow anything, and usually carry only one motorcycle in the back in addition to the normal hardware store cargo.
    Once I did put about 3000 lb of paver stones in the back and the suspension didn't bottom out - though braking at highway speeds would of been a gamble. It is however rated for 1/2 ton use. All this, in a crew cab shorter than most mid size sedans.

This is why I think there is a market for different form factors in pickups and vans. I would not buy a conventional pickup.

Dave Z and fenderbass like this.
  4. 55Plaza

55Plaza Well-Known Member

I love the sides folding down too, very practical, Styling being awful, how well does the Promaster City sell with the front-end styling?

5. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Sorry, just now noticed your question, looks like a Steyr-Puch Haflinger
    Haflinger (vehicle) (at http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Haflinger_(vehicle) )

6. 66coronet

66coronet Well-Known Member

Promaster city pickup or flatbed with Renault Kangaroo EV system. I think a lot of businesses would mind a runabout pickup to replace those early chevy S-10, early Ford Rangers. Because the newer Ford Ranger and Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon don't offer standard cab long bed and they are too big and tall in marketing more to the 4x4 public.
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJ5G0L5lRI