Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promaster Musings

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by patfromigh, Dec 14, 2017.

1. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Full lot, but no one is buying them... :( The ProMaster sells well, but not the ProMaster City.
    [​IMG]

2. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

Someone is buying them, sales of the PMC were up 21% last month. Year to date is down 3%, but there's no reason to panic just yet.

I don't know if TOFAS is capacity restrained with building Fiat vans, but there are a few Fiat Professional models I think would sell well here. First the Doblo (Promaster City) chassis-cab. Chassis-cab truck are exempt from the chicken tax. Let the aftermarket sort out the rest of the truck.

Since FCA seems reluctant to bring over any more cars to add to their lineup, another van I would like to see would be the short wheelbase, Doblo (ProMaster City) Combi. That one should be kept basic with black bumpers and grill. Style it like a civilian postal van. Combi vans with the rear seat and door windows are also exempt from the tax. As was pointed out in an earlier post, that's how they import the longer PMCs to avoid the tax. In the case of this particular model, leave the rear seat and door windows in place for the aftermarket and the customers to deal with. FCA desperately needs a Bohemian Box to sell to young people. To be successful this van should be something someones mom wouldn't like. (Ex-hippie grandparents won't ruin the coolness factor, so they're exempt from wanting one.)

tomit, ScramFan and voiceofstl like this.
  3. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Seems like FCA and the other big 2 don't want to sell cheaper cars. To me a sale is a sale. You can buy a Caravan for less then a promaster city wagon. The wagon should sell in the high teens.
    LOL I like the term "Bohemian Box". I liked the Scion XB though it was a bit to small for my needs.