AF: PSA and FCA formally agree to merge | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA and FCA formally agree to merge

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by T_690, Dec 18, 2019.

1. tabutler

tabutler Member

The Ford family will never give up control. In 2009 Ford would not take government money because they would have given up control. Nothing has changed.

2. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

If the news articles are correct, it'll more then an opinion.

3. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

All I see are new development of cars on Small Wide platform evolution.

Two new cars on Small Wide are white space products. One is Jeep Low D segment 3 row SUV while the other one is Alfa Romeo C segment SUV.
    We are talking about cars which will be around till around 2030.

There is a rumor that even next gen Cherokee is going to be on Small Wide.
    Don't forget that PSA platforms do not have mechanical AWD which is a very important feature on Jeep products especially in North America.

cygnus, ScramFan and jorisr like this.
  4. Adventurer55

I would imagine that every project that doesn't have tooling ordered will be open for changes. Unless the products are bof or rwd cars. Just my opinion, let's see how it all plays out. I just get the feeling Tavares feels his architectures are superior to Fiats.

gforce2002, Chris mopar and serpens like this.
  5. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Elkann is the Chairman and largest shareholder through Exor.

ScramFan likes this.
  6. Adventurer55

He's interested in money and having a bunch of ancient platforms vs two modern ones isn't hard to see where this will end up. Like I said before I hope these new engines can fit in these two platforms.

7. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

I see that you don't understand how platforms works nowadays and their development.

classicfan, Tony K and ScramFan like this.
  8. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

If the last decade has taught us anything in regards to FCA products, it’s this.

Tony K, gforce2002 and Adventurer55 like this.
  9. Adventurer55

This is FCA, anything pertaining to their future plans is like water, very fluid.

Tony K likes this.
  10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yes, as with many major corporations. But the fruits of this merger concerning future product and which platforms they will use are still a few years off. For anyone to get their knickers in a twist over it now is just a waste of energy, and those who are claiming concretely what those fruits will be...well, it’s just speculation at this point because none of us here have any idea.

Remember, there were those here in these forums who swore up and down that this merger would not take place...and yet here we are. Shows you how much they “knew”.

Tony K, valiant67 and Satellite Saint like this.
  11. KCP Worker

KCP Worker Well-Known Member

Ford mortgaged the farm prior to the big down turn, thus no need to beg the Feds for a loan.

Tony K, Doug D and Ernesto like this.
  12. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

The Fiat 500EV and the the PHEV Jeeps are on their way, as the production lines are presently being installed. The next-gen 500e is an all new platform. PSA doesn't have anything like it and has dropped out of the city car market in Europe. The market in Europe for city cars has stalled because the new EU regulations will make those vehicles too expensive to be entry level.

BTW, the new EU wide regulations don't require low emissions zones (that I know of), LEZ regulations are established by municipalities such as London. This sends a message to the automakers, change or die. FCA has chosen to change. PSA bought Opel only to have GM pull out the rug from under them in respect to EV technology.

Tony K and ScramFan like this.
  13. Satellite Saint

Satellite Saint Active Member

This and how many people here said there was no way a Wide Body Charger will ever be made because the body lines and the rear door crease. Now we have the best looking Charger to date, imho. Never say never!

Tony K, tlc, Zagnut27 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

“Never’s the word God listens for when he needs a laugh”. —Stephen King

15. Adventurer55

Just like the V6 diesel would never be installed in the new Wrangler, and yet, here it is.

Tony K, serpens and Zagnut27 like this.
  16. Satellite Saint

Satellite Saint Active Member

And you always give me a laugh. Thanks Zag

17. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

If God REALLY wants some giggles...He should see me first thing in the morning in front of the bathroom mirror...NAKED.:eek::eek::eek:

Zagnut27 likes this.
  18. BASONE88

Supporter

;)Example: There is no shortage of opinion (for the last 45 - 50 years) that "Chrysler will never survive!"o_O

Zagnut27 likes this.
  19. Adventurer55

Same for me.

20. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

I hate to tell you two, but you're talking about God. Rejoice and be glad, however, as God doesn't outsource. He has as many angels as he needs to handle the R&S plan (recon and surveillance). On that note, I heard an old Hebrew story about how Satan lost his wings, and the real reason humans have to wear clothes. Turns out he made an ill-advised bet with St. Michael that he could keep a straight face looking at a very old Adam and Eve in their altogether. :D

Bionicrooster likes this.