AF: PSA will be merged into FCA | Page 16 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA will be merged into FCA

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by T_690, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Deliriously

Deliriously Member

BTFU friend

Tony K likes this.
  2. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

Isn’t BTFU a Purdue thing? I vaguely remember my old coworkers saying “Boiler the F up” when they were excited and watching a game.

3. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

New one to me. I graduated 25 years ago. We weren't quite that crass. Close, but not quite. :D

4. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

5. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

That plan may be a casualty of the merger. The merged company's North American operation will effectively be the current FCA US, and they should be able to remember how that other very Euro-centric brand, FIAT, fared in the US market.

The best option is to design new front clips for the bigger PHEV Peugeots from France, so they can be exported to the USA as Chryslers. (The non-PHEV product uses engines that would be considered far too small for a large car by Americans).

AlfaCuda, Ernesto, jclick and 2 others like this.
  6. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

What's the point of linking content which no one can read? I.e. premium/paid content.

IMO interior and infotainment would not work. Not to mention prohibitively expensive PHEV at this very moment.

Also they could still be too small for US. Pug is known for their compromised rear passenger leg room.

ScramFan likes this.
  7. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

None other than to annoy you.

page2171, gforce2002 and Chris mopar like this.
  8. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

Ernesto, T_690 and aldo90731 like this.
  9. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

People are Stupid. They just don't get it. NOBODY is wanting or waiting for their crap to show up here under the European Brand names.

jclick likes this.
  10. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I think it's premature to say anything about plans for any product to come here from Europe. If DS and Alfa are combined, which I think is highly likely, then who knows what could happen. They also could follow thru on what never happened here. Make a vehicle, and use a lower line mass market for let's say a Chrysler, and then use that as a starting point for an upper line European inspired model both built here. And please don't throw in the quality issue. I'd say both the Italian and American side of the business have much room to improve.

Tony K and Stéphane Dumas like this.
  11. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

I'd take a hard look at a 508 sedan with Chrysler or Dodge written on it and with an FCA power train.

Tony K, wvutuba, hmk123 and 2 others like this.