AF: PSA will be merged into FCA | Page 5 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA will be merged into FCA

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by T_690, Feb 26, 2020.

1. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

2. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Coul be real personal reasons or the "polite" personal reasons often used by companies.

Tony K, freshforged and aldo90731 like this.
  3. aldo90731

From the little I know, I’d be surprised if Valls was forced out. He was well regarded inside Nissan.

Then again, this happened at Nissan USA. That place is full intrigue.

4. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

5. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Yeah, Germans are not known for being loose with their own money. If "Teutonic Motors, Unincorporated" thought that was a good idea, they must've been at a hash joint in Amsterdam, and not in their boardrooms in Stuttgart, Munich, and Wolfsburg.

Definitely something else, like keeping Faurecia. Changing the equal nature of the merger would be a non-starter, IMHO.

Dave Z likes this.
  6. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

FCA Italy is working on the activation of a credit facility with Intesa Sanpaolo bank with guarantee by SACE S.p.A. (a Cassa Depositi e Prestiti company), that which also have italian state state-guarantee.

There were rumors in the last two days on media, but now is official since FCA published a document about (it couldn't do otherwise since is a quoted company and there were rumors about).
    https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/medi..._working_on_activation_of_credit_facility.pdf

It should be a three year loan (what said by unions) for up to Euro 6.3 billion (about USD 6.8 billion).

The italian state garantee should be 70%, since the size of the company, of the amount of the loan, maximum loan length is 6 years and has to be spent for activities in Italy (in theory, since multinationals practically move money as they want).
    Pre-armotization period up to 24 months.

Cost of guarantee on part of the loan covered by the garantee: 1st year 0.50%, 2nd and 3rd year 1.00%, 4th, 5th and 6th year 2.00%.
    The cost of the loan paid to the finacial institution (bank) HAS to be lower than the some subject would pay without the garantee.

And we know now one of the reasons why this year will not paid dividends. It is one of the clauses to access to the garantee.

In FCA's document is explained how they will use the loan. It is nothing else that a way to justify the way they will use the money and paint themselves in a better way; especially when You are a dutch company with fiscally resident in UK.

ScramFan and T_690 like this.
  7. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

cdjr77, Tony K and BASONE88 like this.
  8. tabutler

tabutler Active Member

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  9. 77 Monaco Brougham

I've been wondering the same thing, but wherever Mitsubishi is...I'm pretty sure it's not a comfortable place.

10. aldo90731

Nissan can’t do anything right: today Auto News reports that Mitsubishi posted a quarterly loss of $123 million, adding further strain to a 3-way alliance of losers. Pun intended.

This one’s on Mr. Ghosn, though. He brought them to the party.

#92 aldo90731, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  11. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

12. Stéphane Dumas

And from what I read on this French site, Renault current president/CEO Jean-Dominique Senard wants to enlarge the RN/RNM alliance with....Daimler.
    Jean-Dominique Senard confirme "une étape supplémentaire dans l'alliance Renault-Nissan/Daimler" (at https://www.caradisiac.com/jean-dominique-senard-confirme-une-etape-supplementaire-dans-l-alliance-renault-nissan-daimler-183607.htm )

Ernesto likes this.
  13. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

I would like few things more than seeing Dumbler fail too.

14. 77 Monaco Brougham

You say Dumbler...I say Damnliar......You say Dumbler...I say Damnliar...... Dumbler...Damnliar......Dumbler...Damnliar...

Say......That puts me in mind of a very old song::D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K75g7eRhH9M

15. Stéphane Dumas

I think it might go beyond that, Renault might use Dailmer chassis for rechristened Infinitis to reap the best remaining parts of Dailmer. .

16. 77 Monaco Brougham

If that's the case, then Renault had better hurry before those two Chinese Octopuses (? Octopi ?)...squeeze the life out of Damnliar.