NewsNew Pacifica trim to hit sweet spot? • Does the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchased a 1990 Imperial

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by Imperial, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Imperial

Imperial New Member

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and thought I would share my latest purchase: a 1990 Imperial.
    [​IMG]
    I bought it in September of last year from an elderly man who had never driven it in the winter. It has all of the factory options available in 1990 including 8-way power driver and passenger seats with two position memory and power recline, leather, digital gauges and trip computer, load levelling suspension, factory alarm, power trunk pull down etc. And they all work! It also has only 80,000 original kilometers.

Here are the rest of the photos: 1990 Chrysler Imperial (at http://imgur.com/a/LZV0q )

2. Scrounge

Scrounge Member

Welcome to allpar, and congratulations on your purchase! The car appears to be in excellent condition. May it give you years of trouble-free operation.

3. goair99

goair99 Member

BEAUTIFUL! Brings back memories of my '92 Imperial(RIP). I hope your ABS system is trouble free, this was the cause of death for mine. These are almost impossible to find, so enjoy with pride!

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  4. Lee N. Burns

Lee N. Burns Member

Nice car! I wish you many good miles behind the wheel. At one point I owned a '92 5th Ave... it had 206k when I sold it, still in very good shape.

5. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

1990 was a split year for he ABS. Early cars had the Bosch ABS system which was less troublesome. Later cars had the Bendix 10 system, which was problematic and some components were covered by a lifetime recall.

6. Imperial

Imperial New Member

Thanks for the welcome and positive feedback!

As for the ABS, they currently work fine. This specific Imperial's date of manufacture is November 1989 so I believe it has the Bosch ABS rather than the Bendix system.

7. GLHS60

GLHS60 Member

8. moparepair

moparepair New Member

It looks like the ABS unit has been replaced with a conventional master cylinder and booster. The computer is still in the trunk, though.

9. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride. Supporter

Still impressive cars. Love the interiors in those. Back in college, around 96 or 97, I looked at a used Imperial. It was a 92 I think. The dealer was asking $6995 for it. The odd thing about it was that it was the opposite of yours in terms of options. This one seemed to have had 0 extras. The base stereo, no leather, etc. I really wished I had the income to have swung the payments....

10. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Member

11. valiant67

Length wise yes, width no. Imperial is long and narrow.

12. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Member

Beautiful car and in great shape. I am happy to see the 3.3 Liter under the hood.

13. valiant67

These all had the 3.3 until the 3.8 came out. The 3.3 moved them nicely, the 3.8 really is nice in them.

ka9yhd likes this.
  14. ka9yhd

ka9yhd Member

Yes I have read some comments from some people with this body and a 3.8 at the drag strip.

Valiant67: For the wire wheel covers where can I find the cup or what mounts on the rim to hold the wire wheel basket on? I need two of them for my 92 Grand Voyager.

15. wolfsblood07

wolfsblood07 New Member

That is a time capsule. It must be a joy to cruise the streets in it. Luxury cars back then had smooth rides and soft, comfortable seats. I hope they start to emphasize those traits again.