Allpar Forums banner

Question about powertrain for a project...

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bearhawke 
#1 ·
Inspired by the Porsche-powered Volkswagen T1 bus known as Race-Taxi (YouTube it, it's insane!), I find myself noodling the idea of putting the engine and transmission for my '90 Plymouth Grand Voyager in place of all the rear seating. I think it would be nice to keep it all in the family. Hence my question - is there a longitudinal v6 engine (like those in the LHS's and the like) AND a longitudinal front-wheel-drive 5-speed manual transaxle that would mate to it? I would also not mind being able to build in more power than stock, although I understand that's not exactly the market these cars and engines were built for. With all that in mind, anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any/all input. - Chris

#4 ·
Someone did a Fiero with the 3.5 engine & trans from a wrecked 300M. The auto in the LH isn't a bad choice, if you're dead set on a stick though, I'd suggest looking at something else, such as a V8 & manual that's easier to find together. I don't know offhand of any manual FWD longitudinaltransaxles, though I am sure you can find one.

#5 ·
Acura Vigor, Acura Legend two door coupe and certain VW/Audi (older Passat/A4?) cars had N/S engines and sticks if discussing FWD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.