AF: QUESTION: Does an 2018 Compass have a front... | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUESTION: Does an 2018 Compass have a front...

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by DC-93, May 15, 2019.

1. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

plastic "skid plate" ??

I have a new Limited that does not, but does have some holes that look like it could have!

Thanks.

2. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road

It should have a plastic belly cover that goes over the oil pan, transmission pan and up the sides a little to cover some things and tie into the wheel well liners. At least that's what the old ones came with. Note that installing a skid plate on a non-trail rated model is NOT trivial as I learned from experience.

3. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

While changing the oil this morning, I noticed there are 2 nutserts on the crossmember and 2 holes near the bottom of each wheel liners.
    Have to now see if it was missed in assembly or not used anymore.
    The purpose is more MPG on the highway and probably more efficient cooling through the radiator.