Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator Support Replacement Question

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by captn, Jul 11, 2017.

1. captn

captn Active Member

2. captn

captn Active Member

Do I have to remove the radiator and condenser to replace the radiator support assembly?

Attached Files:

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Member

The radiator and condenser are moved rearward (towards engine) for removal from car. So they will not need to be removed from car to replace the radiator support as the support comes forward for removal.

4. captn

captn Active Member

Thank you Crawdaddy, that's what I had hoped.

I'm getting an up and down movement by grasping the front grille and lightly lifting and there is a larger than normal gap between the hood and the bumper cover as it's tending to hang down. This puts strain on the side retainers just behind the head lights that holds the bumper cover in place.

I notice the Energy Absorber is not installed and I assume it's postioned in front of the metal bumper under the grille assy.

A quick question please, does the Energy Absorber hold the bumper cover in place? I am unable to see where the Absorber is fastened to either the bumper or the bumper cover.

Anybody working in a collision shop who has worked on Chrysler 200's I'm sure can answer this, please.

Many thanks for any assistance.

5. captn

captn Active Member

Yes, the Energy Absorber slides into two pillars on the bumper cover behind where the license plate would be and then sits on the metal bumper which totally rigidly supports the front part of the bumper cover and grille assembly. No more movement of the cover and the side retainers stay tightly together. Installed in less that an hour.

Crawdaddy likes this.