AF: Radio Faceplate | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Faceplate

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by Richard1, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Richard1

Richard1 Active Member

Does anyone know if the faceplate for the radio and things is replaceable?

2014 Compass

Attached Files:

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Yes, it is replaceable. Your best bet may be finding a used or junked one with a good faceplate or touching up yours with a matching flat black paint?

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  3. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

Several years ago, some of the LED's on the stereo in my PT Cruiser went out, leaving 1/2 of the faceplate dark at night.

I found a replacement faceplate on Ebay for not much $. The faceplate itself is not that pretty, but the important circuit board I removed and put it into the original faceplate from my PT which still looked good. ;)

[​IMG]

I removed the stereo, and replaced just the faceplate as it plugs into the main body of the stereo with a ribbon cable.

[​IMG]

I even bought a spare for future use :)

There is also a part # on the circuit board that I matched up, because one that I had bought the ribbon cables were slightly different and wouldn't match up to the connector on the stereo.

[​IMG]