AF: Radio ID/questions | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio ID/questions

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by iowa-k, Feb 16, 2020.

1. iowa-k

iowa-k Member

Picked this up to put in my ‘82 LeBaron with the adapter that I bought a while back. Any idea from what year it is from? Also found it odd that it says “MOPAR” on the front instead of a Pentastar. What would the “recall” button do with an analog dial? Typed in the numbers in google and not much information coming up. Any opinions on these radios? Better than the half working "Quartz Lock" that is in there now?

Attached Files:

2. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Looks like a dealer install or upgrade radio. I believe the factory radios were Mitsubishi Electronics units.
    Recall button is probably some function for setting the clock.
    If it fits and works gotta be better than trying to fix the original.

3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

That is likely a dealer installed radio. Since it has the newer connectors on the back, it was designed for 1984 and newer cars.

4. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

5. Mister Audiovox

Mister Audiovox New Member

That is a factory Mopar radio with a digital frequency/clock display to the left of the analog dial. The recall button toggles between frequency and clock display.

6. valiant67

valiant67 ...

No, it is not a factory radio. It’s a Mopar unit for dealers to install to upgrade. The factory radios never said Mopar on them.