Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ralph Gilles in Forza Motorsport 7:

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by redriderbob, Sep 21, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

We're now less than two weeks away from the release of Forza Motorsport 7 on Oct. 3. You won't have to wait that long to get your virtual tires warm, though. Right now, you can download a demo of the game to your Xbox One, giving you an opportunity to either decide to purchase the game, or simply get some practice in before the game launches.

To go along with the launch of the demo, Turn10 Studios and Microsoft released one more trailer for the full game. It shows off snippets of the wide array of racing available, including off-road trucks, drifting, and even Formula E. The trailer also shows that players will have quite a wealth of options for customization. During the drifting portion of the video, we can see that both the Nissan Silvia S15 and Chevy Camaro ZL1 feature some pretty impressive wide-body fender flares. Your driver avatar also appears to be customizable, either in full fire suit and full-face helmet, or jeans, a leather jacket and an open-face helmet with a bandana. We're sure there are options in-between, too.

One other neat addition is the long list of automotive celebrities and experts that have lent their voices to the game. Turn10 calls them the "Voices of Motorsport," so we expect they'll be offering some commentary on racetracks, racing classes, and probably the cars themselves. Among the big names are Porsche customizer Magnus Walker, gymkhana master Ken Block, former Top Gear USA presenters Rutledge Wood and Tanner Foust, and Chrysler designer Ralph Gilles.

Source Autoblog

Forza Motorsport 7 demo out now, along with cool new trailer video (at https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/21/forza-motorsport-7-demo-out-cool-new-trailer-video/?hcid=ab-around-ab-tile-7 )

[​IMG]

As well as the trailer, Forza's Community Manager Brian Ekberg also revealed the 16 Voices of Motorsports that will be featured in the game. The list includes drivers both past and present, car designers, journalists and other racing enthusiasts — take a look:

• Charlie Turner – Editor-in-Chief of Top Gear Magazine
    • Jonny Lieberman – Senior Features Editor at Motor Trend Magazine
    • Josef Newgarden – Professional IndyCar Driver, (and newly minted 2017 Champion!) with Team Penske, also a Forza Ambassador
    • Katherine Legge – Professional Driver with Michael Shank Racing, participating in IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. IMSA driver; retired IndyCar and Champ Car driver
    • Ken Block – Professional Rally Driver with Hoonigan Racing Division, participating in FIA World Rallycross Championship, also a Forza Ambassador
    • Kim Wolfkill – Editor-in-Chief of Road & Track
    • Lyn St. James – retired Professional Driver in IndyCar and ChampCar series, Speaker
    • Magnus Walker – Porschephile, Author, Serial entrepreneur, fashion designer, and original “Urban Outlaw”
    • Mark Roberts – Chief Designer McLaren Automotive
    • Matt Farah – Automotive Journalist, Podcaster and Founder of The Smoking Tire
    • Pat Devereux – Automotive Journalist
    • Pat Long – Professional Sportscar Driver with Wright Motorsports, participating in Pirelli World Challenge also a Porsche Factory Driver and Porschephile
    • Ralph Gilles – Head of Design for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA)
    • Rutledge Wood – NASCAR Commentator with NBC Sports, and TV Personality
    • Shannon McIntosh – Professional Driver, Racing Instructor and ForzaRC host
    • Tanner Foust – Professional Rally Driver with Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross (VARX), participating in Red Bull Global Rallycross, also a Professional Stunt Driver, TV Personality and Forza Ambassador
    Forza Motorsport 7 Launch Trailer and Voices of Motorsports Revealed (at https://www.trueachievements.com/n29852/forza-motorsport-7-launch-trailer-and-voices-of-motorsports-revealed )

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

FCA US has had a huge presence in the video game market in the past decade and it will continue to grow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forza Horizon 2 Mopar Ram Runner.jpg

[​IMG]

70f363184d82340baa9f8e9878b0c602.jpg

Forza Motorsport 7 will feature a ton of Mopars... here are some of the true core Mopar cars that will be in the 700+ cars of the game...

1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49
    2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8

1967 Dodge Coronet WO23
    1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
    1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
    1969 Dodge Charger R/T
    1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
    1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
    1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
    1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
    2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR
    2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
    2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
    2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
    2013 Dodge Dart GT
    2014 Dodge #93 SRT Motorsports Viper GTS-R
    2015 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT
    2016 Dodge Viper ACR

1945 Jeep Willys MB
    1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade
    1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
    2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    2016 Jeep Trailcat

1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo

1958 Plymouth Fury
    1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI
    1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI
    2000 Plymouth Prowler

2013 Ram Runner

2013 SRT Viper GTS

Cody's Car Conundrum and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

The FCA US Design Studio even has a huge presence in the PlayStation world as well in the Gran Turismo world.... remember the SRT Tomahawk Concept built specific for the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  4. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Active Member

I wonder if you'll be able to Hellcat swap the 300. That would be neat lol.

randy1911 and UN4GTBL like this.
  5. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

I was legitimately surprised the Challenger Demon wasn't on the list. Hopefully it will be in a DLC pack eventually.

Hellcat all the things!

6. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Active Member

Same actually. As well as the Charger Hellcat not making it even though it was in 6. I assume the Jeep Trailcat is the Trackhawk?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

No, Trailcat is the 2016 Moab Concept Wrangler with a HELLCAT motor...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Active Member

Oh nice. I didn't know if it had a name or not. Hopefully the trackhawk comes in dlc.

9. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

What surprises me more than the Demon not making it into the game is that they didn't use the Viper ACR-E (Extreme).

They always use the fastest version of a given vehicle, yet now they don't. I just don't get it.

10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I personally don't play video games, since I would be addicted to them. But my cousin who lives and breathes XBox informs me about Mircosoft also launching DLC (Downloadable Content) for all the Forza and Forza Horizon games. That way they can keep making money and it keeps updating the game with a constant stream of new vehicles.

Below are a few examples of DLC content from the Forza series...

11. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Yeah, you can also get what they call a "season pass."

Essentially, you get the season pass and all the future DLC is free. No season pass, well then you're going to be paying for the DLC individually. It's true that it might be possible for the ACR-E to make it in through a DLC (although I highly doubt it), I just don't get why they do the ACR-E outright when they introduced the "regular" ACR in FH3.

Sorry if it seems like I'm complaining, it just astounds me how they can add Vette after Vette but they didn't take 10 seconds to get the fastest ACR.

12. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

Well I was already planning on getting this for PC but that solidifies it for me. I still prefer Gran Turismo since its more realistic physics wise but 7 looks good and Ralph being in it makes it a no brainer.

UN4GTBL and Cody's Car Conundrum like this.
  13. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

Yeah, too quick

14. Jared

Level 2 Supporter

Take a look at the rear of that FF 7 '71 GTX...

Capture.JPG

That aint no '71. ;)

Now if only there was a skin you could buy to turn it into a stock Road Runner.

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

It's Fast and Furious franchise what do you expect???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I suppose Dom's Ice Charger is a true 1968 Charger with that 70 front clip

VoiceOfReason and UN4GTBL like this.
  16. Jared

Level 2 Supporter

And the corporate '72 parking lights and the center piece (which is the Road Runner version) and the silver decals on those '71/'72 faux hood scoops, show that car is more '72 than '71. They probably couldn't use the '72 Road Runner grill molding because it would have added $20 million to the shooting budget; those things are rare.

But, like you were saying, basically all those cars are just mongrel body "shells" anyway. I'm just thrilled that something resembling a 1972 B body is in a driving game.

What needs to be in Forza is something like this: CGI '72
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couldn't quite model the rear right though

#18 Jared, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  17. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Here are some other great examples....

The Fast Five Chargers pulling the vault weren't SRT8s, they were R/T AWD cars. Also Dodge gave the production company a couple of the 2011 Dodge Charger mules, because they didn't have enough pilot prototypes to hand them before production started. If you look closely at the cop car Chargers, you will clearly see from the side glass that some are 06-10 body style Chargers with the 2011 front end and rear tail lights cut into their rears. (See below)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dom's 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona was marketed as a 1970 Dodge Charger Daytona, which was never made. This Charger was cut down for length and really didn't look much like the wing cars of the past.

But if you truly want to see how all the Mopar Fast and Furious cars are watch this... most of them are powered by GM engines...

UN4GTBL likes this.
  18. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter