Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram’s latest: Hydro Blue Sport

Discussion in 'Ram, pickups, commercial trucks' started by Dave Z, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Today, Ram unveiled its new, special-edition 2018 Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport — the last special Ram 1500 Sport of 2017.

[​IMG]

Jeep and Ram brand chief Mike Manley pointed out that both the custom look and high-impact colors had been well received; the Hydro Blue Sport delivers both, as did the prior special Sport editions (SubLime, Copper, and Ignition Orange).

[​IMG]

The Hydro Blue Sport has a special hood with black decals, the 2018 body-colored Sport grille, black billet inserts, and flat black badging; the blackout look is completed with black headlamp bezels. It’s only available on Hemi-powered trucks with crew cabs and short beds.

[​IMG]

The Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport has a body-colored front fascia, rear bumper, side mirrors, and door handles, with LED tail-lights. Polished 22-inch forged aluminum wheels are standard on rear wheel drive versions, with polished 20-inch wheels on 4x4s.

[​IMG]Interior images are Ram renderings

Inside, buyers get color-matched highlight stitching and embroidery; blue anodized surfaces cover the instrument panel bezels, center console trim and door spears, and a dash badge. (Full leather seating and trim is optional.)

[​IMG]

Buyers can opt for gloss black aluminum wheels, tubular side steps (in black), chrome side steps, active-leveling air suspension, backup alerts, and the RamBox storage system.

Production is limited to 2,000 trucks in the United States — and 1,000 in Canada, according to a release Thursday from FCA Canada Inc. The base retail price in the U.S. is $47,255 with destination; and it goes on sale this month. No Canadian price was released, but dealers are listing five for sale in Ontario between $53,999 and $58,604 on a base MSRP of $66,805.

Read the whole post here.

#1 Dave Z, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    somber likes this.
  2. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

If I could justify a 50 truck, I would buy that. Blue is my favorite color, and I just like the uniqueness that comes with that truck.

I would like to buy all the special edition trucks this year...they would match our kayak fleet...Got to play the lottery.

Shane Estabrooks and MPE426HEMI like this.
  3. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

"Production is limited to 2,000 trucks in the United States — sorry, Canadians."
    Booooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Love that colour!

Shane Estabrooks and Devildodge like this.
  4. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

Kind of looks like ford grabber blue...I like it but I will take my stinger yellow anytime.