AF: Ram 1500 and Jeep Gladiator in C&D 10 Best | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram 1500 and Jeep Gladiator in C&D 10 Best

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by chfjim, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Glenn81

Glenn81 Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed that.

2. LoganSix

LoganSix Well-Known Member

With a Max Towing of 5,000 lbs. That's 2,500 lbs less than the Gladiator. That always seems like a big difference to me.

3. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

MOST of us would be 'big dummies' in assuming major name changes aren't wise.............

4. MSwenning

MSwenning Active Member

A 50% increase in towing is a BIG difference.

tlc likes this.
  5. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

I think having dedicated truck engineers and sales guys was the key.

Every refresh and new product out of Ram has been a home run.

I sit in a Ram and I think a truck person built and designed this.

$$$ yes but worth it.

6. WXman

WXman Active Member

So in Q4 it looks like FCA sold a little over 16,000 Gladiators, which I think mirrors what they sold in Q3. How do you guys feel about those numbers for this particular vehicle? Is FCA happy with that number?

I heard rumors last year that FCA was targeting 100,000 annually as the number they wanted for the JT. If there's any truth to that, they're going to come up way short.

Personally, I think there are just too many people shopping pickup trucks solely on price and that's what hurts JT. Few people actually dive into the DNA of the truck and view it from a value standpoint. All they see is that large price tag and then they move on. This is why it's so critical to have more entry level models priced right on top of your competition sitting on dealer lots, and so far this year I haven't seen ANY entry level Gladiators on the lots around here.

7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Here's my opinion (just a guess):
    For Q3/Q4, Gladiator sold around 16K units each quarter. cars.com shows over 16k new Gladiators in inventory now, so they are stacking up on the lots. That tells me they expected to sell more. Being selfish, I hope that means more reasonable Gladiator pricing.
    Previous Toldeo sold around 200k Wranglers in the US yearly. New Toledo is selling around 228k Wranglers and what looks to be around 64k Gladiators (if you annualize the 16k sales per Q3 and Q4). I think they expected to sell more Jeeps from Toldeo than they are.