AF: Ram 1500: official (w/movie) | Page 160 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram 1500: official (w/movie)

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Jan 15, 2018.

1. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Yes, opinions are individual.
    The rest of your response is not on point with my points. I'm ok with that.

I think we both get where each other are coming from.

Ryan likes this.
  2. jsucha

jsucha Well-Known Member

Many times I have looked up at the TV and thought I was seeing a Tundra commercial, when it really was an ad for the new Ram.
    One of the sales managers at the dealer where I bought my last 3 vehicles, told me they hear the Tundra comparison a lot.

wvutuba likes this.
  3. jsucha

jsucha Well-Known Member

If those of us who know these trucks are having a hard time identifying them, what about the average person? It is not good for brand recognition.

pug-man likes this.
  4. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Would that not have been part of testing?

#3184 pug-man, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2018
  5. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I don't know how anyone can mistake a Tundra for a Ram - even a DT. They aren't even close IMHO.

tlc, Dodgeguy1961, ramajama and 4 others like this.
  6. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Tradesman trim has a lot of similar lines.

7. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Ram hasn't really released this info. Of course I am sure that they did. They aren't talking.

The people who have them...no one has owned one in winter yet.

He asked a question no one driving them has an answer to yet.

Make sense.

jwp44, Ryan, GasAxe and 1 other person like this.
  8. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

You know how the same designer did the PT Cruiser and then the Chevy HHR and it was obvious?
    It's kind of like the new Ram designers weren't sure if they were designing a new Ram or a new GMC.

wvutuba likes this.
  9. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Have you guys ever thought maybe it's a good thing that it looks like the it does in a good way? I mean hell on this page alone it's said it looks like a gmc and a toyota, both vastly different trucks so that means it's better for more people

ScramFan and Devildodge like this.
  10. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

We are mopar enthusiasts. There are some new Mopar fans in the making, thanks to this truck(and challenger/chargers and the new urban friendly jeeps)

I enjoyed being the only Mopar fan...but it is now more fun having a few other people to pass some of my knowledge and pride onto.

This truck is bringing people over at a critical time. People are buying this new truck...even when there are great deals on 2018 and even the classic for those who want the things others say is lacking.

I loved the 1994 "2nd Gen" at first sight. I still dislike the "3rd Gen" even though I own one(it has grown on me some) and the "4th Gen" is the best pickup ever.

But after seeing this new truck, and experiencing the stories of people who wouldn't even think of buying the trucks I love...well, I think Ram did a fine job listening to what consumers wanted, and they are voting with their wallets. Something Ram really deserves

Just like the 1993 and 1994 trucks are worlds apart...they kept this truck close, but moved onto the next chapter, but keeping a comfortable cover on the book.

Technology advances, an interior that everyone is blown away with. Ram took full advantage of the people who want a luxury truck and are willing to pay for it.

Limited and Laramie are selling at a great pace, and the trims that actually are selling two models of...tradesman and bighorn...people are buying those in the 5th Gen style also.

This is the greatest year for a person wanting to buy a Ram. Buy the old or get the new. Heck, get one of each.

11. jsucha

jsucha Well-Known Member

I have probably seen 15 - 18 DT's in the last 6 months. I would say 75% of them have been the Limited trim. I have yet to see a regular Big Horn or Tradesman on the road. I have only seen the Big Horn Black or Sport models in the wild . Today I visited the local volume dealer's storage area in a mall parking lot. In the last week or so, they have received a lot of Classics. I would have to say there inventory mix right now is 60% DS models. I also looked closely at a bunch of DT's. The majority of them had the left front fender needing to be aligned to fit even with the hood. From the tip of the fender and back about 18" the fender clearly is higher than the hood. If you stand near the right headlight area and look at the left fender, the issue is clearly visible. After all these months of production, you would think somebody would have spotted this problem and had it fixed on the production line. I know there a few guys on various Ram forums who have had their dealer fix this issue along with realigning other body parts. The alignment of the right front fender to the hood was fine on all of these trucks.
    There are way too many pieces that have to come together on the front of the new Ram compared to the DS. No wonder things aren't coming together correctly. They could lower the part count by 3 if they would get rid of that strip above the grill and bring the hood out to meet the grill.
    It would look way better too.

12. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

I continue to be in awe at how few DTs i see on the road.

thebluegoat likes this.
  13. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

We do.

14. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Is there a large price discrepancy between the 'classic' and dt? That might be your reason right there. People come to check out dt, drive away in a new ds instead.

15. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Me too.

16. mopar22

Every region is different. In my "small" town we never saw a ds when they first came out but we've already seen 3 dt

17. jsucha

jsucha Well-Known Member

The Big Horn Classics I saw had stickers of 50 - 51. The DT Big Horns seem to range from 50 - 54. I don't know what the difference in the incentives is.
    IMO I think the interior is driving the Limited sales, not the exterior styling. The Tradesman and Big Horn buyers probably aren't as in awe of the new interiors to warrant paying more for a new truck. The watered down exterior styling of the DT doesn't help move them to the new design either. The Classic has a brawny truck look sitting on the lot next to a DT. I prefer that compared to the 'classy' luxury SUV look of the DT.

wvutuba likes this.
  18. mopar22

Anyone know is the dt will ever be made in a 2 door? The the biggest thing i miss from the ds

19. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

In your opinion, it is watered down. We get it. That does not mean that exterior styling is not selling the truck, it just means that you personally don't like it.

jwp44, crouchta, ScramFan and 3 others like this.
  20. moparfan06

moparfan06 Well-Known Member

Once the plant shuffle is complete I believe that is when you will see the regular cab DT's.

Devildodge likes this.