AF: Ram 1500: official (w/movie) | Page 161 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram 1500: official (w/movie)

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

You have made it clear that you don't care for the new Ram. You have made your point. It is time to stop whinging about it and move on. The truck isn't going to change.

jwp44, GasAxe, tlc and 4 others like this.
  2. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Such an innocuous post, and i also don't share most of his point of view.
    I can't figure why it warrants the response you both gave it.

#3202 hotmach, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    wvutuba and valiant67 like this.
  3. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

If that were the only time he'd complained about the styling it wouldn't be an issue. His last 6 posts, 7 of his last 10, and 10 our his last 15, have been complaints, in one form or another, about the look of the new truck. Of the 39 posts the system shows he has made, over a quarter of those...indeed most of them...are complaints, in one form or another, about the new truck. That is enough. He has made his feelings clear.

#3203 Christopher, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    jwp44, GasAxe, tlc and 4 others like this.
  4. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

On every page from day one of the unveiling there's been people ragging on the looks when it's all personal opinion. If you don't have anything new to add then don't add it because it get very very old seeing people throw up the same things every time

jwp44, tlc, suzq044 and 5 others like this.
  5. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

It appears to have struck quite a nerve.
    I read it as attempting to explain how some may select their trucks, not complaining.

Interesting it justifies rudeness or attack.

wvutuba and valiant67 like this.
  6. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

good gods guys; stop. Opinions are not worth arguing over. Nobody changes their mind and everyone gets irritable. There is also no need to keep repeating yourself ad nauseam.

alltel12, srtdrew, jwp44 and 5 others like this.
  7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I too don't understand the dust-up over the post.It really wasn't negative. It's an opinion shared by Doran Levin (who calls the DT glitzy instead of belligerent).
    I agree the current design has lost boldness compared to any since 1993. That's not saying it's ugly - just not aggressively or boldly styled on the exterior. And as pointed out, the interior is where the DT design shines, as well as the new tech.
    I think it's handsome, but still watered down.
    From what I've heard, the top trim levels are what is selling for DT, while the people looking for lower trims are seduced by the DS values.

FCA's Ram Pickup Sheds Belligerent Look, Goes Glitzy Against Silverado and F Series (at https://www.forbes.com/sites/doronlevin/2018/03/08/ram-pickup-sheds-belligerent-look-goes-glitzy-against-silverado-and-f-series/#3b9eeda7f7aa )

wtxiceman likes this.
  8. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

When the majority of posts are the same complaint, either find something else to talk about or go away. It's that simple.

ramajama likes this.
  9. BillyRaff

BillyRaff Active Member

Just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab Sport in Maximum Steel because of the new exterior and interior. Wouldn't have considered a 2018-2019 classic 1500 period. everyone is different.

#3209 BillyRaff, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2018
  10. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

Congrats on the new truck. Posting any pics?

#3210 Devildodge, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2018
    ramajama likes this.
  11. tlc

tlc Well-Known Member

Starting to see more of the new 2019. To me, they stand out. Looks great.

12. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

Agree 100%. Yesterday, on my way home from work, I saw a pickup heading towards me. I immediately recognized it as a new Ram. Where the grill used to be the standout characteristic of the DS trucks, now, to me anyway, for the DT it is the general shape of the front end, especially the hood and the headlights. It took me a while to recognize that, but the more of them I see the more they stand out.

jclick, Dodgeguy1961, suzq044 and 4 others like this.
  13. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

I never thought I would see one of the new Ram 1500s at work because we have so many F-150s. When Ford had some production holdups we picked up some Ram 1500 Classics, but I doubted there would be the newer model in our fleet any time soon. I was wrong. There is a 2019 with the Bighorn trim that I call the Grey Ghost. The reason I gave it that nickname is because it seems to mysteriously appear and disappear at work. The first time I saw it someone was checking out with it at the exit booth. All I could see was the hood and the cab from were I was. I thought this was strange because usually the new vehicles that come into our fleet sit around a lot at the operations base waiting for prep and license plates. I would have noticed it.

The next time I saw the Grey Ghost it was at the front of the line at service area where the vehicles are cleaned, checked and fueled. I figured I had some time to do other work and I came back twenty minutes later and it was gone. It wasn't at the area where the customers pick up the cars either. It just disappeared.

Last night there it was, the Grey Ghost. It was ready to go through the car wash and be driven up to the ready line. The first thing I did was check the build date, it was 9-18. It has the 5.7 Hemi and Bighorn trim. I was surprised how car like the driver's position is. I don't like the center console. Sure the dog house added character to the A-100 pickup, but there is a reason the dog house is needed for that truck. I should have opened the lid on the console to see if there was a slant six in there, because the Ram's console certainly is big enough.

At the spot on the garage ramp where a steep incline starts, the EcoBoost F-150s all bog down with some throttle tip in. With the same amount of tip in the new Ram just sits there, smoking its tires. Stupid Hemi, I could get fired. I wasn't that heavy on the pedal, honest.

I pulled the Ram into one of the spots where we park the pickups trucks along side the usual Chevy and Ford Trucks. I walked over to the staircase at the lobby entrance and turn around for one more glance at the Grey Ghost. It had vanished once again.

oruandy, ramajama, alltel12 and 8 others like this.
  14. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

ramajama, ScramFan, tlc and 1 other person like this.
  15. crouchta

crouchta Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with you, the first thing I noticed was the hood badges. What an incredible difference that makes!

16. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

You know how they hinted at the JL's design with concepts for a while before releasing it... I think this is the TRX hood.

ramajama, GasAxe and Devildodge like this.
  17. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

The mopar bighorn had the wheelsfrom the concept. I just really hope, that if the TRX doesn't come factory with the side exit exhaust...Mopar makes a kit for that.

@redriderbob said the TRX could be recognized immediately by the hood. This definitely is recognizable.

I love the Hood Emblems. This needs to come for the refresh.

Rebel needs to get more colors...this one is a good start.

somber likes this.
  18. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

ram-macho-power-wagon-6.jpg
    This hood definitely showcased what was to come for the Rebel (I also like this hood badge better) and showed the hood the concept TRX got...so I would agree

19. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

images (2).jpg

Remember these

20. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Hood looks awesome. I like the Rebel billboard on the rear fender as well.

somber, ramajama and Devildodge like this.