Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram HD 6.4

Discussion in 'Ram, pickups, commercial trucks' started by Shane Estabrooks, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Well that's twice for my tranny, this time they replaced it with a new one. I did some digging into this issue and found out that it is all in the programming. What was basically happening was between 70 and 90 Km the tranny line pressure was bouncing between high and low line pressure causing the tranny to destroy the clutch pack in the higher gears (4-5-6). I spend a lot of time at that speed range on the crappy roads we have, so the slowing down and speeding up for rough spots was not helping the issue. Asked them to see if the factory re-flashes would fix this... time will tell. Looks like an after market re-programmer is in order... any thoughts on this?

2. Dragn142298

Dragn142298 Member

3. Shane Estabrooks

Where did you get your fender flares? I have been looking online, but can not find any that the front set goes to the bumper like yours.[/QUOTE]
    Had them installed when I bought the truck.. I'm sure they are bushwacker.. couldn't get any without the fake bolts for the coverage needed..

4. wtxiceman

Level III Supporter

How is the tranny??

66rfe?

5. Shane Estabrooks

Yes it is the 66rfe and so far so good. I can feel the shifts more now but not used to feeling the down shifts after letting off the accelerater. Have brought it back for follow up and they say it's all good.

somber and wtxiceman like this.
  6. Shane Estabrooks

2017-09-05 12.14.25.jpg If you want to clean out the rads well ... this is the best way. Even though I took the bumper off to repair it and the off-road lights, 4 bolts latter and grille off to expose rads for the best clean they ever had.
    Had a dent in the bumper from a tree stump and the wiring to the LED lights was damaged but if you look close one would say where is the fender skirt... well had to cut them off a bit because they came loose while out bush whacking and the tires chewed them. All is good and put back together like as if nothing happened(work completed before the wife came home...lol)

somber and Devildodge like this.