AF: Ram Heavy Duty 2020 Truck of the Year | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram Heavy Duty 2020 Truck of the Year

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by blackstratus, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Very nice write up.

danbek and Shane Estabrooks like this.
  2. mjlafrance

mjlafrance Active Member

And GM weeps again.

Tony K, XRT2SRT, danbek and 3 others like this.
  3. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

totally agree...

danbek likes this.
  4. bew

bew Active Member

I just got a new crew cab Ford F-250 work truck, a co-worker just purchased a new ram 2500 crew cab tradesmen. After driving both I would hands down pick the ram. Congratulations to the Ram folks again for a job well done.

5. Mopar Jerry

Level III Supporter

Congrats to the good folks at RAM for once again building the best new truck out there. FCA, awesome job please keep up the great work !
    MOPAR Always!

UN4GTBL, tlc, danbek and 1 other person like this.
  6. ichime

ichime Active Member

Also a finalist for NA Truck of the year, beating out the GM HDs for the Top 3 spot with the Ford Ranger and the Jeep Gladiator.

I was actually surprised that the Ram HD beat out the GM HDs in both awards as I think the GMs have an engineering advantage with the 10 speed, payload rating, HUD and camera options vs. basically the same body and transmission, plus 1000 ft lbs of torque (granted the interior is clearly a tier or 2 above to what GM has to offer).

Also, how the heck did a 9 year old truck with a 4 year old engine beat out two brand new trucks for a spot in the final 3? I'd be shocked if the Ranger takes home NATOTY...

ScramFan and thebluegoat like this.
  7. Firecatman

Firecatman Well-Known Member

Just a testament on how good the Ram trucks are and how poorly GM executed some things on their redesigned trucks (especially the interiors).
    GM had some good ideas on the new trucks, but other things make you scratch your head and really date them; only a 6 speed behind the new gas engine, a carry-over diesel, a fairly bland, mostly carryover interior (at least by design), then there's that polarizing exterior.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the GM trucks got an emergency refresh in a year or two with a new interior and diesel power bump.

Tony K, jclick, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  8. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

Man! So proud of these guys (men/women) who had a hand in A STELLAR JOB! Wonder how they're taking it 'cross town? And the to the editors

UN4GTBL likes this.