AF: Ram is the world's best luxury vehicle. | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram is the world's best luxury vehicle.

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by LeeRyder, Jan 23, 2020.

1. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

As a half-French, half-Italian Peruvian-born naturalized Canadian living in the US, I would say that Marchionne’s personality was overwhelmingly Italian.

Indeed, Italian personalities can be a bit overwhelming. I have a few dozen aunts and uncles to prove it.

Unless of course Canadians are drinking. At that point all bets are off...

:D

2. dennisimperial

dennisimperial Well-Known Member

But how are they selling? I'm not seeing many of the new styles on the road around here. Lots of older models though.

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I see a good mix of the newer Ram's and Classic Ram's. Easier to tell the newer style from a distance.

tlc likes this.
  4. tlc

tlc Well-Known Member

I see a ton of the new ones here. Sharp truck.

5. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

Australians might have them beat. Never a wallflower among-em.

77 Monaco Brougham and aldo90731 like this.
  6. ichime

ichime Active Member

I sat inside a Ram 1500 Longhorn with the 12 inch screen and a Bentley Bentayga. The Longhorn interior was nicer and I'm not being biased.

Actually, the Longhorn was the 2nd nicest interior IMO I've been in. The nicest was an E class Mercedes.

pug-man likes this.
  7. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Well-Known Member

Drove a Ram 1500 for work the other day and was surprised how quiet the cab was.it was not what I expected at all. The truck was a previous rental vehicle as well with 30K on the clock.
    It was as solid as a rock.
    Sorry Chevy.

brewdad and pug-man like this.
  8. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Most notably Canadians of Scottish ancestry. Great people, but one should never challenge a person to a drinking contest who was weaned on Scotch. :D

aldo90731 likes this.
  9. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Actually, I’ve found the biggest drinkers to be Danes: they seem to consider beer akin to morning gargle, mouthwash and, sometimes, a perfectly acceptable substitute for breakfast.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  10. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Considering the migration of the Vikings, many Scots are kin to the Danes. Much of the dictionary for Lowland Scots language and English comes from Old Norse. English is a mess of a language, with words from West Germanic through Saxon German, North Germanic through the Vikings, Latin from the Romans, and Norman French, through the Normans who were originally Vikings. Then, there's the origin of the word "whisky/whiskey" from Classical Gaelic "uisce/uisge." I'll be honest. I've moved mostly to good whiskey at home (mostly rye), and only really drink beer when I go to Germany, or find some good local non-IPA. There are finally some brewers around brewing good Lagers with some flavor, and not just another BudMillerCoors imposter.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  11. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

In celebration of our soon-coming fearless leader, CT...you might consider broadening your palate a little:;)

View: https://youtu.be/bPjGbi-1CA0

Tony K likes this.
  12. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Oh, I LOVE Port. In fact, one of my favorite Rye Whiskeys, Basil Hayden Dark Rye (maroon label) has a hint of it in with the KY and CA rye whiskeys. I think the first Port I tasted was a friend of mine who is a retired Submariner who was also the Chief of HR for Brown-Forman. I also have a new-found appreciation for aged rum. I have a bottle of Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva, which is probably the cheapest good aged rum. I think it's Botucal in Europe. Comes from Venezuela, which surprised me given all the crap going on down there lately. One of my guys had some really good stuff, like $80/bottle. Ron Millonario XO Rum Reserva Especial. Comes from Peru in a wide rectangular bottle. Super smoothe!

13. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

You mean... it’s not?

Tony K, page2171 and aldo90731 like this.